"Under the Bar" documentary update

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Filmboy44, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

I did that documentary on bodybuilding. I started it a while ago, back in March and its near completion now. Its going to be put on hold for a while as we are pretty much ready to roll on a feature length film. We don't have the cash to put up and have someone else work on it so I am going to either stop all together or do it little by little here and there. Once the editing and a few more interviews are completed I'll have it available on our site.

"Under the bar: A Sacrafice for Life" is about bodybuilders and the struggles they must face during the preparation of a contest.

We got some good shit too. We start off with an explaination of the sport itself. A lot of people don't understand what it is all about and how to go about training/dieting for it so the breakdown is in the beginning while we introduce some of the contestants we've followed. PurEvl give a very very insightful discussion of what its like first hand and what you can expect from a diet. The mental struggles, physcial, and domestic. Since we had only a pohne convo I laced his interview with a lot of other shots, some bbers working out, eating, preparing meals, tanning, etc. I went to this show back in April and got footage of one of the contestants crying. THis is perfectly layed when Pur responds to the question of "how'd you feel the moment you either won or lost your first show" Its a barrell of emotions one doesn't fully understand, and thats what makes it great!

I also interviewed several powerlifters. Not your cheesey two bit lifters but champion competitors too. State & National record holder Joe Marsala especially because he's part of both worlds PL and BB.

I hope we get out of it what we intended to. There's a lot of information out there and trying to pick exactly what we need is tough. So ...we'll see

"Under the Bar", I chose that because thats how you feel prepping for a show. Its obviously connected to working out and being in the gym, but its like that saying "Under the gun"...same thing but the pressure is unreal. Just as if you were under the bar, the pressure is almost too much.

:)

just wanted to give you an update.

2. dread

dread New Member

Looking forward to checking it out. Hopefully it's done sooner than later.

3. JP®

JP® New Member

When will we get to see it?

4. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

hard to say. The stage that it is in now is just a rough cut. We have out outlide and how we want the "flow"...no titles, color corrections, balances, sound editing or sweetening has been done. I did want to get another interview in but its not "necessary" at this time. What it is is just another story someone telling about their experience with competiting in a show...its going to run during the credits as a funny additive.

Also, with set construction on the other film and office prep (contracts, laws, location agreements) I won't be able to give full attention it. WHich I feel is good to step away from it for a while and then go back fresh.

estimated time when I will have it done is sometime next year...early Jan/feb. ...:sad2:

5. Zika

Zika My avatar is still NOT me

6. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

very cool. i can't wait to see it.

7. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

sounds really interesting. any idea if it's ever been done before? any idea on how long it's going to run?

is there any advice for people on how to start out or things of that nature? or is it strictly describing the bodybuilding world?

i'm sure you already know this, but i just wanted to point out that there's a book with the name Under the Bar in case you wanted a unique name. Also, I hope you make sure to spell check the name of the movie before you release it ;)

8. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Sounds cool, waiting on more :x:

9. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

Not sure if it was done before or not. I mean we have some really unique things in there that hopefully will make us stand out. It will run just about 60 mintues (TV version) and about 80-85 minutes (DVD Cut). We eventually would like to get this out to Networks to see if we can't get it on the air.

And yes, that is a working title that we'll check thoroughly to see if it was already "used".

10. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

glad i could help, hope it all pans out for you justin, either way it was a good learning situation and i love talking BB'ing

11. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

if you can't use it, make a thread/contest on OT for name ideas =) i'm sure someone can make something catchy.

i've already been thinkikng of a few, they suck but just examples.

chalked
    bar in hand
    got broly? :mamoru:
    the iron struggle

i dunno, shit like that. a huge brainstorm on F&N would get some great ideas i'm sure.

12. jonno

jonno New Member

don't worry dude. if the name is taken you can always call it "no gym for home"

13. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

yeah the sound guy that mic'd your call kept nodding his head in wonder at what you were saying....it was a good interview

thanks a mill

14. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

yea I see what you're saying. I was trying to come up with something somone said but nothing "catchy" was said only "its a sacrafice for life" which we use.

believe it or not there aren't too many "brolyisms" in this at all.

15. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

I'm gonna see what I can do about screen shots for you all. And/or small clips

16. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

I like it. :bigthumb:

17. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

you know little about both :o

18. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

yeah congrats on finding the book that someone mentioned.

19. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

yah...I'll change the title. I didn't like it anyways, especially now after some worthless pl uses it :p

What about "In the Trunks" :p

we'll think of something snappy

20. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

I'm just fukin' with ya homie

21. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

can't wait till it's done

22. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

fahrenheight 451 author Ray Bradbury did not give Michael Moore permission to use/bastardize his booktitle for Fahrenheight 911. i think it was something like, you can't copyright book titles or something.

at any rate, ya you'll probably getting some hating from using the title w/o talking to tate about it/announcing it or something.

23. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

Sacrifice.

24. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

"under the weight" double meaning? :dunno:

25. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

it doesn't have a ring to it :hs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.