Uncle needs a favor

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VoOdOoVyPeR, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

Hey my uncle owns a business restoring barns. An old business partner of his has become his enemy and has made a website dedicated to bringing down his business.

www.craigsears.com

this was my uncles old site, his former business partner got a hold of it somehow and changed everything on there to make my uncles name bad.

im just askin if someone, if its possible, to just get into the site somehow and just delete everything. i know it sounds farfetched but is there anything anyone can do?

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

You could always tell the guy you had a falling out with your uncle and you need a job, and if he hires you then you could delete everything and move to Switzerland for a year or so.

3. JaJae

JaJae New Member

You can try contacting lunarpages.com and see if they will intervene in shutting the site down. Good luck though. Tell your uncle to stop being so shady and he won't have this problem.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Seriously though, if the guy is putting up misleading info about your uncle's business on his website, then it is either false advertising or libel. Contact the Better Business Bureau and have him shut down.

5. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

6. JaJae

JaJae New Member

I don't think it's false. He has copies of court documents on there that seem to yet have a verdict. He has his allegations and the court documents that show what they're arguing over.

7. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

well the guy doing this is an attorney...and i guess my uncle had some unintentional mishap with his taxes in MA and there was a warrant for his arrest. so hes in a different state. but that was like 30 years ago. so hes trying to stay away from the govt just to be on the safe side.

i wasnt really asking anyone to hack, more like asking for a suggestion on how to take the site down.

8. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Your uncle is going to have to deal with this the old fashioned way. A baseball bat and a couple broken bones.

9. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

I have no idea what is going on here, but we are not going to hack you uncles site for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.