Unchecking Radio Buttons

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Clarity, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Clarity

Clarity New Member

Hello, I've been trying to figure out how to uncheck a radio box on an online form. Is there any method to do so? I have not been able to find any javascript to help me yet. Thanks in advance!

2. sandor3kgt

sandor3kgt New Member

Set its "checked" property to false.

Javascript example:
    function uncheck()
    {
    document.getElementById("radio1").checked=false;
    }

Check out this link for details:
    http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/dom_obj_radio.asp

3. StevesVR4

StevesVR4 Get Arrested

Ummm, that sort of goes against the purpose of a radio button. One of the buttons in the group should always be selected. If you want to check/uncheck an item, use a regular checkbox instead of a radio button.

4. sandor3kgt

sandor3kgt New Member

I'm guessing he may be trying to reset a form.

5. Clarity

Clarity New Member

Thanks for the help. I was trying to clear an answer to an online form that I had clicked mistakenly, from the user side. The site did not have a clear answer button.

I simply posted "javascript:document.getElementById("nameofradiobutton").checked=false;;void(0);" into the address bar (after finding the radio button id), which cleared the button. Unfortunately, after moving to the next page of the form, and checking back, the button state hadn't changed. I believe it's simply the site's problem.

Thanks anyways again! I might try creating another account or emailing support. Or just ignoring it, it's not too big of a deal, just annoying.