COMIC Uncanny X-Men #500 v.possiblespoilers.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Crunks, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

So um.... is Greg Land even aware that Pixie is a pre-teen girl? He draws her like some early 30's milf... It seems that only Skottie Young, Humberto Ramos and the rest of the guys that did NXM got her right..

[​IMG]

He does some good stuff here and there, but all his women look nearly exactly the same.

As for the rest of the book... I'm a little confused as to where this takes place timewise. Warren is back to his normal Angel appearance, but he made a reference about a "debacle last month" which is what I assume to be Archangel in X-Force. Shouldn't Colossus be on the Breakworld? Or did he pass off power to someone else? And Magneto is getting a little.... Doom like. Kinda.

2. Macgyver

Macgyver Deep beneath the rolling waves...

I love Land, but he does draw everyone the same, and 500 will be more fodder for the haters (There's a lot of haters out there, lol..)

Ramos=God

I'm just glad to see Magneto back, this is the first time he's been actually back for like 15 years, lol..

Magneto's recent history is worse than Cables, and they didn't even bother with a decent retcon..

3. Macgyver

Oh, and I think Colossus went to Russia with Wolverine and Nightcrawler after breakworld, they went to SF after.

4. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I keep forgetting that Breakworld was supposed to happen a long ass time ago :o

I wasn't sure that was the real Magneto... it seemed weird for him to randomly pop back in. Least of all using Sentinels at his side.

5. Macgyver

It's gotta be the real Magneto, there's no way they're gonna pull another Joseph/Xorn out of their asses..

Of all the travesties they've committed at Marvel lately, even brand new day would seem like a breath of fresh air compared to another Magneto imposter, un-possible.

I think the trend is to bring things back to a clean slate among all the books.

6. Sock

Sock New Member

The angel debacle Im pretty sure was the hippie san fransisco storyline. I was a bit disappointed to see Magneto show up in the way he did though. He seems just... weaker all around. His character should always make a huge impact and strong presense. I dunno, I just didnt get that this issue.

7. void

void oh yeah?

land sucks, he should be a pin-up artist hocking shit on eBay...

8. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

I thought it was utter shit. I mean seriously, what the fuck? They could have written this story at any other time, but as a celebatory mark of 500 issues, i had expected a little bit more than that. At the very fucking least do something with the previous set-up story of masterminds daughter or some fucked up shit, not magneto not having any powers (big surprise!). The only unexpected thing was the High Evolutionary coming in.
    Beyond that a weak issue...

9. void

void oh yeah?

and i thought the collective (from new avengers issue 20) gave mags back his powers...i haven't been reading the other x-books other then x-factor, but i dunno...

10. Macgyver

Magneto lost his powers after the whole collective thing, he tries to move a fork and Wolverine says something witty and menacing, lol..

11. void

void oh yeah?

you're thinking of the last issue of House of M, this is in NA 17-20 where the extracted collective mutant traits are collected into that mutant from alaska and the entity that call's itself xorn taps into mags and tells him he needs his powers and the mutant community needs him etc...then something happens and they go to drag magneto away in a chopper and it explodes, they can't find him etc..

shit, that was like 20+ issues ago

12. Macgyver

The Angelina Jolie chick does an earthquake in his brain. But anyway, I re-read it, yeah, the collective restored him, but he blew up or appeared to shortly after, I did get it mixed up with House of M.

It's always Magneto on Genosha, with Wolverine, lol..