GUN Unarmed CCW Holder Beaten to Death

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ebtromba, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

goes to show that shit can happen at any time, to anybody.

what is paranoia to many is simple preparedness to others.

http://www.examiner.com/x-5919-Norf...y-Va-murder-has-markings-of-a-gang-initiation

http://loudounextra.washingtonpost....sdowne-attack-appears-be-random-says-sheriff/

found it on sigforum -- http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3191066851

here are cliffs-

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:sad2: sucks.

jogging without their CCW. i bet they thought "what could happen while jogging" :hs:

3. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

that shit is ridiculous too. That neighborhood is really quiet, not what you expect so I guess he felt safe. However there are suspicions that they might be part of a gang initiation. Bad idea for them. People around here won't put up with that crap.

4. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

here are the news articles for the lazy

http://loudounextra.washingtonpost....sdowne-attack-appears-be-random-says-sheriff/

Identities of Slain Loudoun Husband, Injured Wife Revealed

By Jonathan Mummolo (Contact)

Originally published at 12:36 p.m., March 23, 2009
    Updated at 12:56 a.m., March 24, 2009

A Loudoun County couple out for their routine early-morning walk over the weekend might have been randomly attacked by as many as three assailants in the Lansdowne area, the county sheriff said yesterday.

William Bennett, 57, was found dead before 6 a.m. Sunday along Riverside Parkway near Rocky Creek Drive by a sheriff's deputy investigating a report of a suspicious vehicle in the area. His wife, Cynthia, 55, was found critically injured about 30 minutes later across the road, beyond a bloodied white fence in a muddy ditch, Simpson said.

"It has the look and feel of a random act," Simpson said. "I'm not sure how much you do to prepare for that. . . . Everybody has the same thought on their mind: 'See, that could have been me.' "

The Bennetts live in the Potomac Station subdivision in the Leesburg area, less than a mile from where they were found, Simpson said. They suffered severe blunt force trauma, but the medical examiner has not yet provided an official cause of death for the husband, Simpson said.

At 5:38 a.m. Sunday, a resident reported hearing a commotion and seeing several people get inside a white panel van that kept coming and going, authorities said. A deputy responded within five minutes and discovered the man's body on a grassy patch along Riverside Parkway, near a walking path that leads to Goose Creek, Simpson said.

Authorities combed the area, and, as the sun came up, investigators noticed blood across the street on a white fence that lines the road, Simpson said.

It was then that Cynthia Bennett was discovered about 50 yards away in a ditch. She was flown to Inova Fairfax Hospital and was in critical condition yesterday. Investigators have not been able to talk to her, Simpson said. The couple were wearing jogging outfits when they were found.

The attack has left residents of the quiet community shaken. Some said they would avoid the walking path near the creek and keep their children indoors.

"It's shocking and scary, and I guess you can't ever assume you're safe no matter where you live," said Sandy Bednoski, 38, of Lansdowne.

Authorities were able to identify William Bennett, who carried no identification, by his fingerprint, which was on file because he has a permit to carry a concealed weapon, Simpson said. The couple have two adult children, he said.

Bennett's slaying is the first homicide this year in Loudoun, where killings usually register in the low single digits annually. The sheriff's office investigated three homicides last year, up from one in 2007. Authorities described the Lansdowne area as fairly quiet and said crime there is generally limited to "quality of life" issues such as property destruction and car theft.

County Supervisor Lori L. Waters (R-Broad Run) expressed shock and sadness over the attack and said she hoped for a quick recovery for Cynthia Bennett.

"Our prayers and thoughts go out to the families of the victims," Waters said in a statement. "This type of violence will not be tolerated in our community, and we know the sheriff's office will be doing all in their power to bring the murderer to justice."

Deputies are canvassing the neighborhoods surrounding the crime scene, asking whether anyone had seen a white van in the area or has a home security system with cameras that might have caught a shot of the vehicle or suspects.

The tag number of the van is not known, and physical descriptions of the suspects are vague, Simpson said. One was reportedly heavyset, and all were wearing dark clothing.

Investigators do not have a motive, but they are investigating a variety of possibilities, including whether the incident was a robbery or part of a gang initiation, Simpson said. They also have not ruled out that the couple were attacked somewhere else and then left along the parkway, he said.

Until the suspects are apprehended, Agnes McDonald, who has lived in the area since 2004 and likes to walk her dog there, will be adjusting her routine, she said.

"It's very concerning," she said. "Who are these people, and what's to stop it from happening again?"

Last night outside the Bennetts' red brick home, white carnations tied in purple ribbon and an unlit candle sat outside the front door. Their next-door neighbor, Bruce Develle, 46, said he was trying to determine his "level of paranoia should be."

"They seemed like very nice, upstanding people," he said of the Bennetts. "They kept to themselves."

Anyone who saw anything suspicious is asked to call the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office at 703-777-0475. To remain anonymous, call Loudoun Crime Solvers at 703-777-1919. If the information leads to an arrest and indictment, the caller could be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.

http://www.examiner.com/x-5919-Norf...y-Va-murder-has-markings-of-a-gang-initiation

On March 22, William and Cynthia Bennett left their Potomac Station home for an early morning walk and never returned. Shortly after 5:30 a.m., police found William, 57 lying dead, they found Cynthia, 55 badly beaten but still alive a short distance away.

Around 5:30 a.m., less than a mile from the Bennett home, a resident on Rocky Creek Drive called police to report the presence of a suspicious vehicle ( a white panel work van), and three men outside the van causing a disturbance.

By the time a Loudoun County Sheriff’s deputy arrived, the van was gone. However, the body of William Bennett was spotted by the deputy, lying near the intersection of Rocky Creek Drive and Riverside Drive (the same reported location of the white van). More deputies arrived and found the bloodied body of Cynthia Bennett.

Both had obviously been beaten with a blunt object.

Cynthia was sent by helicopter to an area hospital, where she remains in critical condition. The severity of her injuries have prevented her from speaking with police about the attack.

Loudoun County Sheriff Steve Simpson said: “We have a situation here which appears to be random.” Simpson went on to say that the attack may have been carried-out by gang members.

William Bennett was a retired U.S. Army Special Forces lieutenant colonel. Cynthia had also served as an Army officer. The couple have two children together.

Bennett’s murder is similar in both its brutality and randomness to other confirmed Latino gang initiations around the country.

In November 2007, a Gresham, Oregon man was nearly beaten to death with a bat by Abel Antonio Chavez-Garcia, 15, in an attempt to join the notoriously violent MS-13 gang. Lee Chilcote, 71 was waiting at the train station when Garcia suddenly began hitting him.

A witness who called police told reporters: “We saw that impact. And we saw him just start pouring out, right there, and he was on the ground.”

Fortunately, Chilcote survived the attack but suffered some permanent difficulties with his speech.

In June 2007, a surveillance video caught the horrific image of Jason Verador, 28 walking-up behind James McKinney, 41 and striking him in the back of the head with a baseball bat. McKinney, who was mentally disabled, died a few days after the attack.

That attack gained national attention both for the sickening nature in which Verador behaved after wards, as well as the evidence it provided to this nation's growing gang violence, mainly fueled by illegal immigration.

Perhaps, nearly as disturbing as the brutal attack on William and Cynthia Bennett was the lack of information coming out of the Loudoun Sheriff’s office who is handling the case.

I phoned the sheriff’s office Tuesday night and asked for a description of the suspects. The officer on the other end of the line was extremely hesitant to talk about it, and said she “did not know.”

I told her that one article had given the description of one of the suspects as being heavier than the other, but nothing else was offered. I simply wanted to know weight, height, age, race, etc., to place in my article…She remained silent.

I then asked the anonymous woman (she refused to give me her name), if she knew about the Bennett murder, after a very long pause, she answered with a timid “yes.”

I was then referred to their media information officer, who was not in at the time.

I do not understand how the sheriff’s office, expects the good people of Loudoun County to assist them with this case, or to even protect themselves with mad dog killers on the loose, without releasing the most basic of information about the suspects.

Obviously, someone was able to determine a physical description of the suspects...Why not share that information with the public?

Could it be that the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office has succumbed to political correctness and does not want to cast further suspicion on the area’s large illegal immigrant population?

Of course, Loudoun County, along with much of Northern Virginia, has been hard-hit by a wave of crimes generated by the Salvadoran gang known as MS-13.

Husband, father, veteran William Bennett may very well have been the latest American to lose his life because our politicians refuse to defend our border.

5. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Me and my gf were just debating why I carry all the time

6. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

word.

I am sending word of this incident to several lib friends of mine. I am thinking I'm going to get a bunch of mileage out of it, as incredibly fucked up as that is

7. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

yeah I've been to the area once myself. very nice, upper middle class.

8. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Jogging would kill me too.

9. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

fucking spics in MS13

10. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

It is really quite interesting how they got his fingerprints, because the cards are supposed to be destroyed :ugh:

11. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

and fuck our faggot governor for vetoing restaurant carry

fucking liberal faggot

12. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

wait then what is the point of fingerprinting to get the CHL...

I is confused

edit- wait so the deal is supposed to be you get fingerprinted, then they run the prints to see if match any crimes, and then destroy the prints?

13. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

too soon bro

14. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

yes, prints aren't meant to be retained at all

15. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

lolZ

16. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

Sounds like Loudon County is breaking the law

VA Code Section 18.2-308

17. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

fucking government sucks

18. LancerV

He was in the military so maybe they got them that way, hell your DNA is on file if youre in the military

19. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

No man, you don't understand. I'd die if I was jogging too.

20. Bobalu

Bobalu New Member

how do you carry when jogging? bellyband or ankle holster i guess

21. LancerV

Prob do small of the back with a thumb break

22. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

ankle holster would be tough with all but the lightest of guns, and still then I tend to think it wouldn't work well. plus then you have to wear pants unless you can and are willing to open carry.

thunderbear carries while he runs using this (from his holster thread)

23. LancerV

Ankle holsters would screw up your running pretty good too

24. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

and yet the reality of the situation remains. 1 ccw holder is dead, 1 ccw holder is badly injured, and no shots were fired.

I think the lessons to be learned by the living is something along the lines of "you are at all times responsible for your own saftey" and "a .32 (or .380, or .38spl) on the hip is more effective than a 10mm in the safe"

25. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Every time I read shit like this it just makes me that more pissed off that I can carry in this damn state