Ultima Finish Care or Zaino?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by LocoStrange, Aug 21, 2007.

1. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

Normally, I just use Meguiars and the NXT series did last a few months but I decided to go better and it seems that most people will follow Zaino. However, according to autopia, they have an article saying that Ultima is better than Zaino. Does anyone have any experience with them?

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

when you come to OT, you will hear of other products besides Zaino. Optimum and Poorboy's also make great products. I am just getting into Clearkote's line. Read the stickies for suggestions, then post back with any questions that you have.

3. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

1. Friends don't let friends buy into the Zaino hype. :mb:

2. Meguiars Professional and NXT products are perfectly fine. The Optimum line and several other product lines are inexpensive and you don't have to practice voodoo to make them work. :mamoru: Personally, I haven't heard of the Ultima line, but I'm sure one of the pros here will chime in.

3. Read the Stickie threads. There is a wealth of information there!

4. What problem is it that you are trying to solve? Maybe post some pics and show us how your paint looks after a regular detail and ask for recommendations specific for your car type, paint color, etc? Lots of helpful folks on here and we all share info! :bigthumb:

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Zaino is overrated and overpriced. If you want Zaino, use Duragloss, I can't tell a difference between the two. Plus, you can get Duragloss at your local Carquest. Optimum and Clearkote are also excellent product lines.

I have tried Ultima and it is excellent, very wet looking sealant.

5. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

i had been using megs stuff but i recently switched to Optimum after using then no rinse wash. I find their spray wax to be infinitely easier to use than megs nxt paste wax and i get better results. I also prefer mixing ONR up to the quick detailer concentration to using meg's quick detailer.

I've never tried zaino, but to be honest, even if it is better than optimum, i dont think i could tell. My car is 100% of what i want it to be when i get done a full detail. And i'm sure i can do it faster than with any zaino system.

6. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I have Ultima also but you really cannot compare that to Z2 or Z5 as they are not intended for the same reason. They are not wipe on walk away products.

If you want to compare apples to apples compare ZCS and UPGP.

Also I noticed the other day that you were talking about DG 101 and ZAIO. Difference between the two is that ZAIO is water based as I understand.

If you are just starting out might as well save some money from the Ultima line and go with Zaino if you are picking between the two. Otherwise as stated, there are other products out there that are decent as well.

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I was comparing the *look* of UPGP vs Z2 or Z5, which as you know, blkZ28conv will say is the best, most wonderful look of all.

101 vs ZAIO---where is this information located? I tried them side by side and if they aren't the same product, they are very, very similar.

8. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

My shipment of Ultima came into today and I tried it out. It felt weird since I am used to using wax but I guess we will find out tmw.

Anyways..whats a good product to remove tree tar? I have two different kinds and they were both a PITA to remove

9. Paulie Walnuts

[​IMG]

Nothing better IMO

10. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

I totally agree.

11. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I got this product called Pro-SOL made by prowax.com and it works amazingly on tar! I've never used anything that took off tar or sticker goo easier than Pro-Sol.

12. Paulie Walnuts

Only thing about the tarminator is not to let it sit for more than 2 minutes or so and dont dip the towel you use back into your wash bucket as it will contaminate the wash