GUN UK : Armed police swoop in on teenage girls dressed up as cowgirls

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, May 20, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:rofl: :ugh:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...2&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&expand=true
    Armed police swoop on fancy dress cowgirls with toy guns
    By LIZ HULL - More by this author » Last updated at 21:42pm on 18th May 2007

Comments Comments (15)
    As gunfights go, it was something of an unequal contest.

On one side were dozens of armed police officers assisted by dogs, with helicopters hovering over head.

On the other were two teenage girls in cowboy outfits, with one toy gun between them.

Not surprisingly, 19-year-olds Fatima Rupp and Holly Spedding surrendered without a fight in the stand-off outside a Tesco supermarket.

But they faced several hours in police cells before Miss Rupp was cautioned for possession of an imitation firearm and the pair were released.

"We were petrified when we stopped and they came screeching up and surrounded us," said Miss Stepping, from Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

"There were four jeeps, two vans full of dogs, armed police, helicopters and they were screaming, "Where's the gun?" Our gun was obviously a toy, but the guns the police pointed at us certainly weren't imitations. They were scary. I've never seen a real gun before, it was terrifying."

Miss Rupp added: "I completely froze and was too scared to move an inch in case they shot me. I had a gun pointing in my face."

The incident happened as the pair drove along the M62 after a Cowboys and Indians party at Chester University. Miss Rupp said: "Lorry drivers were pretending to shoot me with their fingers. So I pointed the toy gun back at them. Everyone was smiling and laughing. Some were even pretending to die and shouting 'Bang, bang!'."

An off-duty police officer failed to see the joke, reporting the girls for threatening motorists. Miss Rupp, who was in the passenger seat, said she realised something was wrong when she noticed six police cars on their tail.

The girls pulled off the motorway and into a supermarket car park in Brighouse

"We chose Tesco's car park to stop because there were lots of people around and we thought if they were armed they might be a bit more careful with all the public there," added Miss Rupp, a mother of two.

A police spokesman said: "When we receive reports of guns being pointed at people, we have a duty to take firm action and that means responding with armed officers.

"Imitation weapons are difficult to distinguish from the real thing, especially at distance."

[​IMG]
    Pistol-packin' mamas: Fatima Rupp and Holly Spedding
    I'll point my gun at Fatima's face :naughty:

2. grizzy

grizzy OT Supporter

So let me get this straight... Girls were pointing white guns with orange tips and the cops think they are real? :ugh2:

People should start painting real guns white with orange tips and see how much THAT would confuse the cops.

3. Chris

Chris New Member

4. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

God that country is fucked up. And not just the police either.
    The one chick's comment, "They were scary. I've never seen a real gun before, it was terrifying," sums it all up.

5. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

All that for one gun? :rofl:

6. Basic

Basic OT Supporter

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7. Gimik

Gimik New Member

fixed

8. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

I miss the old days of kids walking to and from the fields with their .22s, or people not freaking out over costumed kids and teens playing games. What the fuck is wrong with everyone nowadays?

It was barely 10 years ago, I was shooting my airguns in front of my house, walking all over the place with them... nobody ever had any trouble with it. Now, you show an obvious piece of plastic and people freak out. Jesus fucking Christ...

9. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

that Holly Spredding looks like she's pregnant

the UK is probably the most of extreme of the anti gun cultures

however it boils down to this

if you're on a jumbo jet i can possibly understand confiscating a toy gun off a kid

however i heard of cases where they confiscated the tiny guns that are on those star wars/gi-joe 6" figures!

now if that's not paranoia i dunno what is

10. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

AR project?

11. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

what the fuck :rofl:

12. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

I wonder how many real crimes went down while all the police were distracted with this nonsense.