:uh: So that's what I'd been doing wrong

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TenSteel, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TenSteel

TenSteel Ted Cruz suicide hotline OT Supporter

Saw the kid from Utah State again in the gym last night. He watched me squat, and he said that I was making the mistake that tons of other people do:

Bringing the knees over the toes

Really bad for the knees, and it also recruits lower back as well. He and his buddy walked me through the form ... felt wayyy different than after I had been doing it. I hadn't been pushing my butt back nearly enough. I apparently had some hamstring inflexibilty/weakness that needs work, which explains my low GM numbers.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board ... yet again. Good thing tomorrow is light squat day so I can work on the form

What I don't fucking understand is how the personal trainers at the gym that I worked with could have overlooked this rather big deal in the form. If my membership fee wasn't so cheap compared to the other gyms around here, I'd ditch the fuckin place and go somewhere else. BTW, I work out at 24 hour, that should explain why :hsd:

I seriously need to workout with these guys more or someone else who knows what they're doing.

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Don't worry about it. Everyone you meet says something different. Every article says something different. Today I learned that I had been doing my box squats completely wrong. But I don't see what I had done before as a waste. Incorrect form or not, I was pushing the weight. You live and you learn. :bigthumb:

3. jonno

jonno New Member

knees going over toes is fine.. atleast that's what i've heard and i've had no problems from squating that way

4. TenSteel

I suppose, but I know deep down that I've been doing a lot of wrong shit for a long time, since I've been lifting some time with littl results. I'm at a point where I feel like I have to unlearn every movement in my muscle memory and start building up from grass roots again. It's the only thing I can do to see any gains and really look better.

I want to lose this flabby physique once and for all ... I've put in way too much time/effort/money (into supps, and stuff) to let it all go to waste at this point.

5. TenSteel

I need to go find a place where I can videotape myself doing exercises so I can pull a Superbri and show some vids of my Squat, DL, Bench, BOR, etc. form.

6. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

dont listen to a pt who cant squat more than you

7. TenSteel

:roflw:

or a PT that calls themself one after taking 3 months of online classes :hsughr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.