SRS :ugh:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by not your average, Oct 5, 2007.

1. not your average

not your average      ¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ OT Supporter

First time starting a thread here, so here goes nothing...

I'm a decent-looking 23 year old. Basically, i'm letting my emotions get the best of me as of late after getting out of my second "serious" relationship (both only lasted about a year). First time I ended the relationship, regreted it, and eventually got over it. This time is a little different, it seemed like more of a mutual decision since things were shaky, especially towards the end. So we've been apart for a month or so now, some days i'll totally forget about her and go on as I would any other day. Then others it's worse, to the point where I can't have a complete thought with her being a part of it. It's obvious that the sex is a big part of what i'm missing, but on the other hand I felt 100% comfortable around her and things just seemed to click even when we had our arguments, I guess you could say I got used to her being a part of my life. So I let things settle and we've talked here and there, but lately i've been trying to hang out with her, just an innocent dinner to catch up on things. She keeps making excuses last minute and it kills my self esteem which is the last thing I need when i'm trying to "move on" to better things. She says things like "you can do better" and "you'll be better off without me." It just seems that she has gotten over me much more quickly/easier, and that hurts because of what I thought we had. Any input is appreciated, this is just a quick vent before I find myself sitting alone Sunday night wondering why I wasted another weekend dwelling on the past.

TIA :wavey:

2. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

Same advice as always. Occupy yourself with activities you enjoy. If your mind is on other things you won't be dwelling on the past. Let's be real though, you aren't asking her to go out for dinner with her to just catch up. Your doing it because you can't let go of "needing" her around. Stop torturing yourself by making plans with her. If your paths cross then whatever that's fine, but I wouldn't arrange for it. You aren't ready to establish a friendship with her until you've gotten over the past.

3. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

. You're not ready for a friendship with her, because honestly it doesn't sound like you've gotten over her. Been there and done that. You can't really build a friendship with an ex that you still want t be with because you'll just be pushing that person farther away. Just busy yourself with other things, go out with some friends. It's time to take your mind off of her. Don't count on dinner plans with her anymore.

4. Guerilla Grower

Guerilla Grower New Member

What they said, busy your mind with other things and don't try to contact her anymore. Also the "you can do better", etc.. is just her trying to get you to move on and stop thinking of her in a romantic way. Good luck.