SRS ugh...whats wrong with me?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by alovesopure, Oct 24, 2005.

1. alovesopure

alovesopure New Member

my boyfriend and i have been broken up for about 2-3 months and i can't seem to let him go. i try to go out with my old friends, but he harasses and accuses me of seeing other people, until i get fed up and come home.. when he lies about where hes going when he goes out. i'm so sick of his shit, and i've told him goodbye numerous times. i think i'm doing good, and i think that ill be able to go on without him, but then i end up breaking down and running back to him. i've tried everything, but he won't stop hurting me. i know i can do better, but ive been through EVERYTHING with him. i dont want to start anything new. my parents are drug addicts and i have no one to run to when they pull their shit except for him, none of my friends understand. we used to be inseperable.. i dont know what happened.

idk what i should do, i cant get him to be honest with me, and i can't stop going back to him. help me get over this fool, i can't do it much longer :wtc:

2. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

let it go, cut all ties with him as soon as possible. You are doing yourself no good by running back to him. You have to forget about it and move on. Until then you will just be going through this cycle every few weeks or months.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Walk away and never look back. Bann him from your life.

4. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Date your best guy friend. I know he is crushing on you. :naughty:

5. AshLee

AshLee New Member

you and i are vicariously living very very similar lives. however, my ex and i broke up in may and did the exact same thing you are doing. and yes, im still putting up with his shit even though i know i should not. i tell him goodbye and he comes around more. i just dont get it. you feel like you need him even though deep down inside you know you shouldnt. you miss your memories. and you think about them..more then you should. when you go out with your friends you have a great time but then you come home to no loving phone call or anything and you fall right back into wanting to be with him. I AM THERE/HAVE BEEN THERE. It really honestly takes time. and you need to just rid your life of him..im working on it. and the longer you hold on to him and drag this out..ths worse it will be for you. please just try and cut all ties with him. i dont like the thought of people having the same pain i have, even though i know im not the only one out there who hurts. :hug:

6. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

This is really simple, and you said it yourself:
    He's a CHALLENGE. You cannot figure him out. He's a puzzle. This is the most attractive form of a man to women. You have an innate drive to keep from being bored. Admit it, life with him is NEVER boring. You never know what he is going to do next, when he'll do something, what he might say or do. That's a GREAT life as opposed to sitting home alone doing nothing.

You're addicted to drama. Most women are. You have to have something exciting going on in your life. You don't WANT to stay ome and do nothing, live the quiet life, watch TV and go to sleep.

So, you're stuck with him until you either find another guy who is a challenge but is not a prick, or you stop caring what he does and stop reacting to him.

He's got your number, and he'll keep pushing all your buttons by being a mystery until you figure it out.

7. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

See above. This is exactly it. Your problem is shared by many many women (and quite a few men too).

Know what it is about him? He's a male attention whore. He loves the attention you give him, and does things for no other reason than to get a reaction. It's a perfect scam - you will never figure out what it is about him, because there is nothing to figure out.

Change your phone number, go out of town for a week, and get into new habits. They'll help you get off your old habits, and on with life.

8. alovesopure

alovesopure New Member

THANKS EVERYBODY... im trying... i really am.

9. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

Umm... you're broken up with him, why are you still talking to him? It's not possible to go back to friendship. When relationships end, it is painful, but trying to soften the pain by keeping him around only makes it so much worse and prolongs it. If you're living with him, move out. If you're not, tell him to stop calling and refuse to take his phone calls. Hang up if you answer and it's him.

He was a significant chapter in your life, but that chapter is closed, its over, it's time to write a new one, you can't start it over again.

10. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

That's the best piece of advice you will get for getting over someone. Do not talk to them other than to say something like "I'm sorry, I no longer want to talk to you." Don't say anything else, ever. Just repeat that sentence like a broken record.

Then go out! Call some friends! Go play pool, whatever!