SRS Ugh, what do I do now?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by slikna, Jan 24, 2009.

1. slikna

slikna Grenade

To start off, this isn't a sob story, just asking for an opinion on what to do in the situation.

It seems to me like every girl I meet, things start to go well and then there is some complication and it never works out. This time around, same deal.

I have known this girl for about 3 years, never been really close but we talked now and then and were friendly. Fast forward to now, we started dating about 3 weeks ago. We have been out several times, and I feel she likes me and I like her as well. The problem lies in that she just got out of an 8 month relationship about 2 months ago, and seems hesitant to get into a relationship with me. Last night she told me that shes not sure we should complicate things yet, and just continue going out and seeing what happens.

My questions is, how long should I wait before I basically say are we going to be serious or am I just wasting my time? I don't want to get attached to her and then basically get hurt like I have so many other times. And also, should I just flat out ask her if anything is going to come of this, how should I put it... etc...

Thanks guys... :hugot:

2. Pwen

Pwen Guest

It seems like things are going good and I wouldn't jump the gun into conflict with an ultimatum, come to think of it ultimatum-ing is always bad. If you've waited three years for the poon, wait another month if you have to waht's the rush. At least you're halfway there.

3. slikna

slikna Grenade

That seems like my only option, but I don't want to get attached to her and find out shes not ready to make anything of it and get all depressed.. I'm thinking shes just unsure and wants to get to know me better, I'm hoping rather...

4. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

give her like a month of two to get over her last relationship but mabey date other people until you are ready to get "serious" with eachother

5. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

See how this keeps popping up everyone? One of these days it will sink in.

6. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

You won't get a direct, useful or honest answer. You'll get a sugar-coated nice guy speech. If tell her "Fuck that, tell me the truth" -- you'll still get a sugar coated nice guy speech, but the difference is she won't say "But we can still be friends, because then she'll think you're a freak for actually demanding the truth -- which frankly you would be a freak, because asking questions like that don't work in the word of dating and mating.
    [/quote]

People appear exceedingly concerned about hurting other people's feeling and so they sugar coat things, but not for the other person's sake -- only to reduce their own guilt and discomfort. That's a fact.