Ugh, what did i do

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TZ, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TZ

TZ Banned

Basically I wanted a new antivirus program -- nod32 antivirus. I downloaded it through a torrent, and installed it exactly how the readme instructed me. After installing, my PC required a reboot. While the computer was loading back up, it seriously took like 15 minutes for it to load up -- which is not normal.

After the computer would finally boot up, the resolution was all jacked up so I couldn't even see the start menu. I went into the task manager and checked what was going on; the processes seemed normal to me. But, when I went into the "performance" tab, it showed through PF usage something crazy like 88MB....I was really confused at this point. I wasn't able to go into any programs or anything; I'd have to go through task manager by hitting ctrl+alt+delete, and then "new task" through there. Even then, no programs would work. I decided to try to uninstall nod32 since it wasn't working..

this was unsuccessful; so I turned off my computer -- and i kept getting blue screen errors. I went into Safe mode, where my computer was actually responsive and normal again, and uninstalled nod32 yet again; this time it was successful.

I then booted up my computer in normal mode -- no luck again, same problems.

Then, I went back into safe mode, inserted my windows XP cd, and reinstalled windows. However, I selected the option to "upgrade", so my hard drive didn't get reformatted apparently...

So now, I just finally got my computer back online and am posting this, and am wondering what the fuck happened? Is it OK to just reinstall windows XP over an existing copy without formatting? All of my music, programs, and settings are still the same except that my resolution was on like 1024x768 which i changed to the normal widescreen one I use..
    also, I should note that before I fucked up my computer, my internet explorer was version 7.xx and now it's 6.xx :o Weird... i *still* have SP2 though

everything seems to be running perfectly fine now...
    I know this is extremely long winded, but I'm bad with computers and tried the best I could to explain.. :hs:

2. TZ

TZ Banned

I have to install all of the windows updates now too :o theres like 76 security updates

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

4. jvinsepa

jvinsepa IT Crew, Corvette crew

I stopped reading after downloading an antivirus program through a torrent. :hs:

5. TZ

TZ Banned

Yeah, I guess that was a problem. I didn't know that it was so bad, but I guess thinking back on it it was a really stupid thing to do. Anyways, I fixed everything (somehow) :o and the computer is running smoothly now.

So, I'm not going to format

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you should format yourself. this world would be better that way.

7. TZ

TZ Banned

You're not funny, faggot

8. Cock Diesel

Cock Diesel New Member

Next time, watch what you download.

:bowrofl: Getting NOD32 off a torrent.

9. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

You're not smart, dumbass

10. TZ

TZ Banned

Troll another thread you fucking nerd :ugh2:

11. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

12. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

instead of being a pussy douchebag, why not go steal something from someones house or store... that way you can go to jail and see the consequences of your actions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.