SRS Ugh, my life sucks so bad

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CitznFish, Feb 16, 2009.

1. CitznFish

CitznFish Don't live life by a single sentence OT Supporter

When the shit hits the fan it really hits the fan. :( In the past 2 weeks I was laid off, my GF broke up with me, and I got a DUI. How much crap can life pile on a person before they just give up? This is so ridiculous.

Losing my job - OK, I get it. Times are tough and even large companies are laying off whole divisions. I'll find another job. I have a great resume and am good at what I do.

DUI - left a bar and was driving fine. Didn't feel drunk at all. made a left turn and a cop pulls me over for no front license plate. Asks me if I had any drinks that night and I didn't lie. So they pull me out and give me the field sobriety test. I passed it, I knew exactly what I was doing and did it perfectly. So then they bring out the breathalyzer and have me blow into it twice. Suddenly they tell me the breathalyzer is broke and I need to go with them to take a blood sample. So off to the hospital we go, never read me my rights or said I had an option to refuse the test. Never got the test results back either. They just took me to jail for 5 hours then released me. I have a court date but I don't know what my BAC was or if I will even be officially charged.

GF - Got into a fight Friday night and I said some things I should have never said. This was before my DUI. This girl was so good to me, and good for me. I just don't know what I'm going to do without her in my life. But maybe she just thinks we aren't meant to be. I know I'm powerless to make her feel anything she doesn't already feel, but this is the hardest blow of the three. :wtc:

So yeah, I don't know why I'm posting this here, but I'm hoping that venting like this will help me clear my head. Dunno if that will work or not. :hs:

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but life gave me some rotten lemons this time. :hs:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  2. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

I think you might have a good shot of getting off the DUI. Get a good lawyer and it could happen.

Just remember. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

Just be thankful you're able to breath on your own, walk around on your own, see, eat, actually drive a car.

3. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

dude with the dui just explain they never did infact get your level of alcohol or read your rights. get a good lawyer

4. Daria

Daria New Member

I agree. Something is fishy about that incident. I think you could benefit from a good lawyer.

5. 7960

7960 New Member

he was never under arrest so they didn't have to read him his rights. they also didn't have to tell him he had a right to refuse to go to the hospital for the BAC.

i agree you should get a lawyer but neither of those is going to get you off.

and about everything else, live and learn.

6. GCEX

GCEX Drifting Along

Yo man, you're SoCal crew. :hug:

Things will get better, they always do. Talking about things, even through a computer screen will make you feel better. Even the act of typing things out, even if you feel nobody will ever read or give a fuck about it, makes things better.

Therapists and head shrinks, they get paid to listen to people's problems, then nod their heads and assign medications.

Here we listen, give you shit, and listen more and give you more shit. Why? Because we care about our own. Keep your head up.

7. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

You should have not told them you had any drinks and you should have refused to go to the hospital

Cops will fuck you with what you say and what you agree to.

I hope everything works out. :wavey:

8. 7960

7960 New Member

automatic loss of license right there folks.

9. Vysion

Vysion New Member

In my opinion the events that happen to a person, whether good or bad, help define who we are.

For example, you got laid off, but when you find another job, you may like the new job more. You will also appreciate having a job that much more because you know it may not not be there tomorrow.

As for the DUI, I've never had one, but there may be a chance that you can fight it, or maybe you go into court and get off with a warning.

And finally the GF. What would you say if you met a new girl within a month from now and she was hotter, and more compatible than your last GF? You'd probably miss the ex-gf, but would be thankful that you broke up with her and found this new girl.

You have to stay positive. If you dwell on the negatives then only negative things happen to you. Learn from your experiences and grow as a person.

I'm 28 years old, I wish I knew half the things I know now, when I was 18-25. But I realize all of my experiences in life, good or bad, are what gives me the wisdom I learn year after year. So when I'm 35, 40, or 50 I'll always look back in the past and say to myself, "I wish I knew then, what I know now..."

10. IMJ

IMJ The Bitch

11. CitznFish

CitznFish Don't live life by a single sentence OT Supporter

No, I don't believe so. This girl is amazing. I've dated other women before her and none of them made me feel the way she does. I'm still holding out hope that we will work things out but she has to want it too and I just don't know if that's the case.

I'm older than most OT'ers and I've been through the dating cycle before but I thought this was going to be different. It sure felt different.