SRS ugh. long rant.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by StayLRG, Jan 20, 2008.

1. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

i've been hanging out with my neighbor a lot. she's 21, was in a sorority but doesn't like it too much. lives with 2 sisters and a guy tyler. at first she seemed to be pretty into me, real flirty. i dug it. i'll go over and hang out. her roomates don't seem to like me too much cuz i'm not a frat dude. last night i'm hangin with jessi (the girl who seems to be into me) and i had just found out the night before that her ex is someone she's still in love with. she actually told me she's waiting for him to say he wants to get back together with her. he was abusive towards her from what i've been told. i mentioned us smoking pot in front of him and she freaked out and kept telling me i say the worst things to the wrong people and he couldn't find out. after spending some time in here i realized these were huge red flags. then she was holding this dudes hand last night who is a dude she's been friends with a year and a half (poor guy doesn't even realize he's friendzoned). then she tells me how she thinks i'm amazing and wants me to hang out, but that her roomate doesn't like me. then we're playing beer pong and her roomate kicked me off the table after we won because she doesn't like me. and i'm still being polite at this point. finally, after all the sorority girls are doing their thing being bitches, i finally just turn into that guy. i just start talking shit whenever the situation allows. then at the end of the night, after me winning beer pong against one of the whores and the girl who is my friend, this dude starts talking shit to me about smoking pot. telling me he's in med school and that smoking weed is bad for you. i explain to him that i agree with him 100 percent. i tell him how it's horrible for your lungs, contains carcinogens, but then said i only really recommend it out of a vaporizer. at the mention of a vaporizer he starts going on about how i'm so dumb that i should have never graduated high school, and then actually said something about how i'm gonna walk into a wall. i dunno if i should feel bad about being a dick to these people. i mean they were treating me like shit for no reason (even the girl who lives there i'm friends iwth said that). i feel bad, but at the same time i've learned that i need to take pride in myself, and i will defend myself. should i feel bad? sorry this was long and rant like, but i had a long night, and just needed to get this off my chest.

2. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Red Flag 1: Right there is where you ought to stop. Never date a girl who either is in a relationship (including sexual) or intimate with anyone, as well as a girl who just got out of a relationship. Never date a girl who is still in love with her ex, even if they aren't together.

Red Flag 2:

Red Flag 3: Secretive/Liar.

I'm beginning to like you very much now.

Red Flag 4: Disrespectful, User.

Red Flag 5: "Judge by the company they keep"

He's correct.

It would have been wise to just leave, not return fire.

Defending yourself is appropriate, but choose your battles more wisely.

Discontinue talking to the girl, stop smoking pot, pick your fights more carefully. Feeling bad does not serve you. Choosing to behave differently next time will serve you.

3. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

my responses to you are that you are correct in all but the judge by the company they keep. she actually hates her roomates. she kept telling me how they were bitches and she only lived with them because she was in their sorority for a semester and was friends with one girl. then another one moved in. and her roomate tyler is a cool dude. BUT...it doesn't change the fact that she throws up more red flags then anyone i've met in a while. sucks. i really dug her.

4. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

She chose to stay there. You can put two and two together and realize she's no different than her roommates -- the only difference is she liked you so she behaved differently. You had something she wanted, but under other circumstances if you had nothing she wanted, she could have been one of the ones being a bitch to you. Always judge people by the company they keep, it is a good indicator. It provides a much higher probability of problems in that particular individual if the company they keep are problematic, and even if it's not the single issue that seals their fate it alerts you to look for other signs.

5. Wishgiving

Wishgiving New Member

She sounds like she doesn't know what she wants. And even if she is getting sick of her roommates, it's obvious that at one point she did agree with them. It seems like she's confused, and things are complicated in her life.

6. Ark

Ark New Member

Listen to Metallic. I wish I had learned of all those red flags before I started dating this last girl that I just ended it with. Would have saved me some heartache thats for sure. I'll be using it from now on. Another thing he said is never settle.

7. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

seriously?

sticks and stones may break my bones but words may never hurt me.

The only reason why their insults were effective was because you reacted negatively towards it. Think about it.

8. 2500

2500 Guest

I'm prolly the most blind fuck on this board and even I see this as a bad situation. Any girl thats "into you" is supposed to be INTO YOU. Not, into you while your alone, but ashamed of you infront of her friends. Shes a confused college chick. I say let her deal with her own issues and you stick to chillin with people you have stuff in common with.

Maybe shes secretly drawn to the "bad boy, weed head" type but don't want her pompus friends to know about it, so she can be all flirty with you until the judges are around.