Ugh I'm giving up on dating

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Arkaybee, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

Yeah being single sucks but it's starting to sound better and better after this week of suckyness.

I don't really enjoy dating but jump thru the hoops anyway. I would much rather spend time with someone I cared about than just some random person. I had 4 dates lined up this week which is alot and I'm not sure how I managed them all to be together. First was a Sunday drive thru a canyon. I double checked with the chick Saturday morning to make sure it was still on and she said yes. Sunday afternoon rolls around and I get no call/txt from her. I text her about a half hour after she was supposed to show and get no reply. Half an hour after that I call her and it rings to vm. I don't bother to leave a message,assuming I just got blown off. I never hear from her again.

Second date I was supposed to meet up with another chick on Wednesday after work for some frozen yogurt. She messages me on tuesday asking if we can change the date. I said sure and she said that afternoon would probably work so we agree to meet at 530. I show up a little before 530 and just hang out. About ten mins later I text het asking if she got lost since she isn't from around here. About ten mins later (abt 550) she replies saying she wasn't going to show up :mad:

third date, I was supposed to pick this chick up tonight and go to dinner. I messaged her on Wednesday asking if it was still on. No reply. I message her again on Thursday and again, no reply. I then sent her an email later that night pretty much asking for the red or green light cause I have other shit to do if she cancels. She finally messages me back saying she doesn't know because she " might be having a family party." Ugh. I tell her to let me know as soon as possible. This morning she says we are good to go. I drive 45 mins to her house and proceeded to have the worst date ever. I don't know if she was super nervous or what but she didn't say more than two words. I did 95 percent of the talking because I hate awkward silences. I would say something or ask her a question and she would reply in two words or less. I waited for her to say something else but nothing ever came. I ended up talking about myself the whole time because she answered my questions without elaboration. After dinner I took her home then called a friend and bitched about my night.

The fourth date is tomorrow with my sister and at least I get along with and care about her so it won't suck ass.

:ugh: dating ftl

ps-I'm sure this is filled with spelling and grammar errors. I typed it up with one finger on my phone while laying in bed. I'm going to sleep mow.

2. Silmatharien

Silmatharien OT Supporter

well at least your weekend can only get better .... right?

3. Franco

Franco New Member

with his sister :naughty:

4. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

have faith brother, at some point it'll happen, it just wasn't mean to yet.

oh and just a tip, for the canyon driving date, i usually try not to go on a first date with a girl anywhere that isn't public and full of people. I tried to go hiking on a first date with a girl and i got blown off too, and then it was pointed out to me by another person that the girl probably thought i was going to rape her and kill her. so yeah.

5. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

It sounds like they weren't in to you from the start. Instead of getting pissed off, they almost did you a favor so you didn't have to waste more time with them. But yes, they should have used more tact instead of just not responding.

6. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

too many crazy chicks, just gotta wait and get lucky to find a normal one i guess :dunno:

that or move to norway

7. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

texting those girls 2-3 times then calling and emailing them is not the way to get them to answer you. More than anything it's gonna turn them off. If they don't respond to the first one that should be your clue right there

8. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

I'm guessing you met this girls online?

9. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

:mamoru: that sucks........and I completely agree, but just like BD said, at least they didn't end up wasting your money and (too much of) your time.

you should go tag team SLC with Giz :run:

10. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

:coolugh:

11. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

I agree completely. I try to plan things in public and haver her meet me so I don't have to pick her up. The canyon drive was her idea tho and I thought "well I'm not going to rape/murder her and if she's comfortable with this then cool"

I texted that first girl once then called. Second chick I texted once, third chick I texted once a day. I like to confirm my plans but you may be right. If they don't reply after the first call/text then maybe they aren't interested

First girl I actually met like three months ago but lost contact with her. She sent me an email just a couple weeks ago asking what I had been up to. Second chick actually moved in just down the street from me and I thought she was cute do I approached her. Third chick yes I did meet online :o

fourth chick, well I've known since I was born :mamoru:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
  12. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

Its thin ice, if they are interested and are just preoccupied by something really important and you make other plans because of it you might piss them off...but if you dont and shes not sure if shes interested or not you might look weak or overinterested....girls are so shady with that shit its disgusting.

13. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Not sure what's going on, but we're only hearing one side of the story. TS could be doing something wrong, if multiple women are canceling on him at the last minute. You come off come of desperate if you need to confirm the date 3, 2, and 1 day before the date. If you want to confirm, do it once, not multiple times. Besides, if a woman is really interested, there is no need to confirm. Tell her what time you will pick her up or meet her, and it's all good. Doing anything with a relative is never considered a date.

14. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

if you make other plans and piss them off it's just gonna get them more interested in you :rofl:

15. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

it makes me shudder that you would call hanging out with your sister a date. That just grosses me out.

16. C.W.

C.W. OT Supporter

Girls are just flaky as fuck. These are the same women that are always bitching that they cant find a good man later to their friends.

17. Insert

Insert Active Member

it makes me shudder knowing that you're really this uptight and uncomfortable with your family. That just grosses me out.

18. kiri

kiri New Member

i hate flaky people :mad:

if you can't come, just say so. then at least the person is free to make other plans without waiting on you.

19. Reign

Reign Banned

Damn man... 3 strikes, sound's like you're out.

.....Time to go gay :mamoru:

For real though man, shit happens. Being blown off sucks, just keep trying.

20. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

I don't confirm the date 3, 2 AND 1 day in advance. I try to confirm some day the week of because I know ALOT of people forget about plans they have made. In my eyes it's just good business since we do it at my job all the time. It never hurts to send a friendly reminder. However I see where you are coming from; maybe I should just set the date then show up at the arranged time.

21. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

:ugh: grow up

22. Phantom

Phantom Active Member

TS needs to relax. "dating" is like having teeth pulled, both for girls and guys.

I like to re-frame the mood by not asking girls out on dates, but inviting them to things I'm already doing, usually with other friends. For example: "we're going to do brunch at date/time/place, come along if you're free"

Once you have been with someone in a group, going out one on one won't be so weird, it will be more of a continuation of the last time you met. This is just a small piece of advice, not a silver bullet. YMMV

Also, quit it with the "are we still on?" stuff. Makes you look desperate or used to being stood up.

23. Reign

Reign Banned

I agree with that. You gotta do the public/group thing for awhile before the dating thing. Blind dates are good and all but there's too much tension, too much nervousness. Having people in common that the other can talk to someone about and find out things about you is always preferable. That way you can get to know each other a bit and then move on to one on one dates.

24. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

I'm not a huge fan of "hanging out" vs dating. I think there is a certainly level of immaturity in people who choose to hang out rather than date. I guess I'm just old fashioned. I ask girls on dates because I want to get to know them, not them get to know my friends (yet). I agree that first dates can be nervous but if you go to just have a good time then it's fine.

I agree that I should stop verifying the date tho :hs:

25. Pringles

Pringles New Member

good you should. Once you do you will start to realize that girls are coming onto you. Why? Because you don't care and aren't trying.