GUN ugh... how can people be so dense.. Senator Menendez

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Matt2000ss, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

[y]tSSWsdplDEA[/y]

2. Willie J

Willie J New Member

lawless society, where shootouts are common place :ugh:

3. Origyns973

Origyns973 New Member

I can not wait until I get out of this state.

4. FreakinSyco

FreakinSyco OT Supporter

Hmm. I vote Democratic but support gun rights. As far as CCW go, I like the idea of a national CCW license, however knowing that there are some states that will never support that I vote for states rights and federal govt to stay out of it.

I don't know why people are so concerned about CCW. If chicago already has a ton of people carrying guns, whats a few more law abiding citizens carrying going to hurt anything? If anything it will make the criminals think twice.

5. Willie J

Willie J New Member

they're using the deaths of police officers to prove that CCW is dangerous.
    they will jump on anything that is gun related and turn it against legal gun owners

6. purebad

purebad I don't need your approval, right?

I love how democrats care about the rights of states when it involves guns.

7. transistor

transistor Well-Known Member

south dakota has 800,000 people :mad:

and this guy is a fucking moron

8. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

New Jersey has full-retard gun laws. How is it possible those police officers were shot?!

9. FreakinSyco

FreakinSyco OT Supporter

As it stands now I have a choice between the US Party known as Democrat and the US party known as Republican.

I'd vote libertarian if there were ever an option. I'd vote Republican if any republican actually ran on the basis of what a Republican is supposed to be, not what the current republican party is.

10. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

I'm all for states rights as long as they dont infringe upon constitutionally protected rights. which bearing arms is one of.

11. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

lol at comparing jersey and Chicago

12. FrEaKsHoW 24/7

FrEaKsHoW 24/7 Member

I know in Utah, if you have a CCW permit to carry, it shows up on your DMV record that the police can access if/when they pull you over. So to say the police won't know who is carrying and who isn't, is a busted argument. They do know if you are licensed to carry, and will assume you are until they prove otherwise.

The last time I got pulled over, the officer had already run my plates and had that info. First thing he asked when he walked up was if I was carrying that day or not. As it turns out, I wasn't carrying at the time and told him I had left it at home, and thanked him for checking it out to ensure both our safety.

It's the ones who don't go through the lawful process of obtaining the permit that I'd be more worried about.

13. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

If this is the already-defeated proposal from earlier this year, it would have only required that states that already issue concealed handgun licenses recognize concealed handgun licenses from other states (out-of-state CHL holders would still be bound by the laws of the state they are visiting). They already do this with other instruments like driver's licenses, marriages, child custody, and titled property ... so it's curious why it's so controversial.

14. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I've lived in Chicago all my life and the crime keeps getting worse. Unless you're in a really bad area, most of the thugs that come up to the nice areas of the city use knives or baseball bats, or just roll in groups of 3 or 4. Some do carry guns, but I'd bet most don't have a clue on how to properly use them. Now the South-side or far west side is a totally different story.

If Chicago was able to offer CCW's I feel the crime rate would actually go down. We have far too many muggings and random acts of assault/violence. If that criminal thought there was a chance that the person they were about to go after was carrying, or that another civilian around might be carrying they would think twice.

The problem with Chicago is that it's impossible for law abiding citizens to attain weapons, but incredibly easy for criminals to get them. Police forces keep getting cut, and in the mean-time crime is getting worse by the day.

At this point, CCW should be a right for the sole purpose of protecting ourselves since the city isn't doing it for us. I know at least 5 or 6 different people that have been mugged/attacked more than twice in the last few years.