MMA UFC Conf Call - *BABALU RELEASED*

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Kenny Dalglish, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

dana says babalu is released from his contract...

:sad2:

2. CallSecurityNow

CallSecurityNow OT Supporter

3. Kenny Dalglish

White said “Babalu” has been cut from his contract but won’t rule out having him in the organization in the future. “I never say never,” he said.

seems like hes done... :[

i agree he should've been punished but this is a bit harsh imo

4. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

fuck babalu, guy acted like a prick and put another fighter in UN-necassary added risk of injury he deserves severe punishment. Fighting is dangerous enough when people have some respect for what they are doing and who they are competing against, the world doesn't need extra pricks who do stupid shit cause they have a little kid temper. Fuck Babalu, good for Dana

stupid shit like what babalu pulled is what you'd expect with teenagers or maybe some shitty little promotion somewhere but if the UFC wants to be viewed as a legit deal they need to crack down on bone headed shit like this and they did with this case and thumbs up for that

5. CallSecurityNow

6. Kenny Dalglish

but what about bj penn?
    gomi.. kid yamamoto..

theres a longer list of people who have held on holds a bit longer..

7. CallSecurityNow

Which is probably why this has more to do with what Babalu did outside the octagon then inside.

8. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

His biggest and only mistake...

Admitting intent and saying he did it on purpose immediately after in the postfight interview.

"caught up in the moment, sorry" FTW

9. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

Gomi and Kid are posterboys for their respective organizations. kid was suspended for awhile too

10. Kenny Dalglish

i think a fine + suspension would have been appropriate..
    admitting it was really dumb post fight..

11. CallSecurityNow

Finally someone gets it. He could have easily said he had sweat and blood in his eyes and the crowd was too loud to hear the ref. All would have been forgotten. Once he admitted intent he was fucked.

12. Titus

Titus New Member

that sucks ass. like others have said a fine + suspension would have done it, no need to release him. kinda sad to see this happen...

13. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

14. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

Right, this is the difference between the others. He openly admitted to doing it.

I have no sympathy for him at all.

15. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

"I apologize to all my fans and to heath, he is a true warrior and he will be back. I got caught up in the moment and with all the adrenaline, I did not realize the fight was over so I held the choke a bit longer than I should have. thank you to all my fans and the UFC and I hope you enjoyed my fight tonight."

no way he could have got fired.

16. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

thats more then should have happaned, he is a good fighter...probably not championship caliber anymore but he has had exciting fights. I dont think they should have released him.

17. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

:rofl: and as kids were taught to always tell the truth. Nigga lost his job for telling the truth

18. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

They need to make an example out of someone. This won't happen again..at least noone will openly admit to doing it.

19. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

ouch, guess he'll have to control that brazilian temper a little better next time

20. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

That is a massive lie.

Babalu is white.

21. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

a write-up on the entire conference call:

Here's Chris Howie's write-up from the UFC 75 media conference call held earlier today with Dana White, Quinton Jackson, Dan Henderson, Michael Bisping and Matt Hamill:

-Dana says he has been meeting with Fedor's people for months and will be today. Hopes there could be a release by the end of the day but can't say that for sure.

-Rampage is ready.

- Hendo says Rampage is very atheletic and a great striker. He's going to have to be on his A-game.

-Bisping says he isn't too keen on Hamill.

-Dana says the UFC is doing the complete opposite of what boxing has done. Will be offering free fights that people want to see instead of "shitty" fights with people no one has heard of.

-Guys from TUF will fight on Fight Nights and new talent will be on on Fight Nights and prelims.

-Rampage says that even though he is champion he can't take the belt in the cage so it doesn't change anything.

-Hendo says that training for top level fights is tough. Saya Quinton is tough in all aspects and he is expecting a 25 minute war.

-Dana on Babalu: if it had of been an arm or an ankle he probably wouldn't be on fighting anywhere ever again. At this time he has been cut from his contract.

-If Dan goes to 185 it's possible he gets a direct shot at Silva but he may have one fight first.

-Rampage says that he would've liked to take the belt from Wanderlei

-Pride belt is gone after this fight. There will be one champion after this fight.

-Dana has no clue what he'll be doing with the [PRIDE] Lightweight title.

-The fact Rampage and Hendo have trained before doesn't play a factor in Hendo's training. It was so long ago that there would be nothing he could look back at and pick up.

-Rampage says training went excellent. Bisping was there helping him train. Says he was still in good shape from the Chuck fight because it wasn't that long ago.

-Rampage says his biggest concern is that Dan is very tough and unpredictable.

-Rampage says he is a different person when he gets in the cage.

-Says he is taking this more serious than any fight.

-Dana confirms that Randy's arm was broke by the kick and he won't be able to train for at least 6 weeks.

-Bisping says that fighting at home provides a big advantage.

-Hamill says that he has no big concerns about Bisping, all that worries him is his kicks.

-Dana says the last thing he wants to do is bury Pride but it is going to take some time to sort things out.

-Dana says that dealing with Japan is tough.

-Dana says the two coaches on this seasons TUF did not get along well at all.

-Hendo says he has gotten busier since he won the title. He is the same person just with little time. Hendo had a new baby girl last night.

-Dana says that the Pride name is not very good in Japan anymore because of everything that happened. Says they are lucky to even get office space in Japan.

-Rampage says when he knew Hendo would KO Wanderlei when he heard Dan was fighting him. Says that Dan didn't fight the same Wanderlei that everyone was use to, not to take anything away from Dan.

-Rampage doesn't think he'll have an edge over Henderson because of the cage.

-Dana says they did not sign Ryo Chonan but there was a pause before he answered. :x:

-Dana puts over how big this fight is. Rampage KO'd Chuck and Dan KO'd Wandy - now they are on a free fight on Spike TV. Could you ask for anything better?

-Bisping says that fighting Hamill is a fight that everyone wanted to see from watching TUF.

-Dana: "Nobody gives a shit about Josh Barnett, especially me". :ugh:

-Dana says Shogun is a contender for the title right now. Says they have "everyone" from Pride. When asked about Denis Kang, Dana says Denis isn't one of the big stars from Pride.

-Hendo says that he doesn't really care about a rematch with Wandy he'll fight anyone.

-Bisping says by beating Hamill it lets him know that he can do well against world class wrestlers.

-Hamill says that he has been doing a lot of work on his striking.

-Dana says that he assumes Babalu "isn't too f*ckin happy".

22. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I agree, what the FUCK. He might not like Barnett but jesus...how can you not at least admit he would make waves in the UFC. He has the tools to beat Randy.

And Kang would lay waste to most everyone at MW!!!!

23. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

you mean beat him again :o

24. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

oh, and i just highlighted that Hendo's baby was born because the delivery date was initially set for fight night, so it should be a load off his shoulders

25. Titus

Titus New Member

dana needs to get over his own ego sometimes...