MMA UFC 93 post fight chat

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Jan 19, 2009.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

If you dont know there are spoilers in this thread you suck at life + 48 hours etc etc.

Hendo Franklin
    I dont care what any one says Franklin looks alot better at MW then he did at lhw. He looks a lot more sluggish at LHW and he does seem stronger but he just looks like ass. Maybee it is that Hamil and Hendo just really pushed him but he didnt look as good as he did at mw to me at least. Hendo did what he had to do, he had that big right had cocked ad he made Rich Franklin repect his power and dictated the fight using his right as a constant threat and his greco to control franklin.

Franklin did a good job and he was actually able to hang in there and keep himself from getting taken down a few times. I was suprised he did so well when they clinched up. I think Franklin could have done alot better in the fight but he was a little to weary of hendos right hand. If he would have took some chances and mixed it up I think he could have done a lot better.

His striking is better then dan hendersons but it seemed he was just too scared of getting hit with that right in the exchange and thats really what cost him the fight. I think it would have been a much closer fight if he would have engaged henderson more.

Coleman vs Shogun
    This fight was nothing I expected it to be. I thought it was going to be a lot dufferet but I can honestly say it was still an exciting fight. I went in there wanting shogun to win the fight but after the first round I was cheering for mark coleman like crazy. I dont know what the hell was wrong with him but he showed up to the fight half dead.

The rumour floating around was that he had a really bad weight cut and thats what made him look like that but even then running on e with the amber gas light on he still managed to fight. No one can deny this old bastard has balls. He fought till he had nothing left and even in the end when he got knocked down he was still going for a take down and almost took the referee down lol.

It was a pretty sad fight but I was cheering like crazy for coleman. I hope he never fights at 205 again or at least figures out how to cut the weight with out looking like shit but I was amazed that the old man could put up the fight that he did. I hope I can get to see him fight again soon.

Horn vs Palhares
    This was a pretty good fight. In terms of grappeling ability I think Palhares was slightly better but horn was right up there with him. What made the difference in that fight was conditioning. Palhares was just so much more stronger then horn and he just had far better wind then he did. Horn was able to make it to the third round using experience and skill but the gap was to big.

Horn put up a hell of a fight and I honestly thought that he would find a chance to end the fight some where. I actually think he might have won the secound round but none of the judges saw it that way. He put up a good fight and I hope they keep him in the UFC at least for one more fight. Jeremy Horn needs to start working on his conditioning because he can be so much better then he was this fight. With all of his experience and skill its the missing peice of the puzzle for him and I just dont see why he doesnt put it all together.

Denis Kang vs Alan Belcher
    This had to be the most dissapointing fight of the event. Denis Kang was coming in there with all of this hype. Every one wanted him to do good and he was. He was out striking and grappeling Alan Belcher. He didnt have an answer for Kang all the way untill the end of the secound round. Kang needed to take a break and was playing it smart he should have killed the time and got back to his corner to finish the fight in the third round.

Instead the crowd started booing and he let it get to him and because of that he got owned. I would rather have a crowd boo me then have to lose a fight. Especially the first time to a UFC audience. It was a good fight to that point. He must be hating himself now because Alan Belcher didnt beat Denis Kang, he beat himself.

Marcus Davis vs Chris Lytle
    From the begining Marcus Davis was the better fighter. Chris Lytle was head hunting and swinging for the fences and Davis was just countering the crap out of him. It was a fun match to watch because Lytle was giving it his all and so was Davis but Davis was definately more technical putting combinations together and countering Lytle every chance he got. He was just cleaner and crisper the whole fight and Lytle was just looking for that big bomb to end the fight and it just never happened or Davis didnt let it happen I should say.

Both guys deserve to be in the UFC. I dont think any of them will ever become a UFC champion but they both put on great shows and great fights. I think Davis is actually one of the more underated fighters in the ufc he has lost only one fight in his last 14 fights. He has a decent record and is a great fighter to watch.

2. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

denis kang broke my heart.. again..

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah he should have done better but Im thinking the guy is a mental midget

4. Kevin

Kevin New Member

I'd give anything to have the relentless Shogun back.

5. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

no blood doping ftl

6. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

All I have to say is that after Coleman vs Shogun, I would rather watch Coleman fight than have to be subjected to Shogun's pathetic gas tank.

Ok, so Coleman gassed at the end of the first round. He's old as fuck, looked malnourished, and his last fight was in 06. So what's Shogun's fucking excuse? Unless Dana told him to make a 3 round fight out of it and he's great at acting tired as fuck, I don't see how someone of his caliber can't finish a guy who's hands never went above his waist for 2 1/2 rounds.

Every other fight went like I expected, only I was hoping Rich would be more effective at keeping a distance and barraging Hendo. He performed well in the clinch and it was unfortunate that he got so fucked up from accidental headbutts and eye-pokes.

Oh and Kang, I didn't see that coming before the fight started, but I had a bad feeling halfway through round 2. And wtf Belcher talking title shot? Look at your record dude, Kang is your first impressive victory :ugh:

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

um, dude KD's Jorge Santiago

8. SugarCoatedSour

SugarCoatedSour OT Supporter

Shogun's ruthlessness died with Pride, unfortunately.

As well as his knee.

9. prophit

prophit OT Supporter

10. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

I hate how all these great fighters from other organizations i talk up in RL come to the UFC and look fucking absurd.

11. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

dufferet

grappeling

12. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Yeah but that was like two years ago and Santiago never made it in the UFC. Leben KO'd him right before that, and since then Belcher has had wins over mediocre at best opponents. IMO he has no reason to talk title right now.

13. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I say if they are making Silva fight Leites, then make Johnny Cash fight Okami or Marquardt

14. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

johnnyt cash lmao when he came out to fight I thought to myself that had to be the worst tat ever

15. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I've noticed Kang has got caught playing with peoples guards. I think he needs to calm the fuck down back away or better position himself instead of posturing up to lay down bombs. I thought getting caught in that triangle in Dream would do something for that. Then again some people just never change, did Rampage even check a kick in his last fight?

16. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

for the fact that he has a black belt, i thought that he wouldn't get caught as often as he does

17. yesitisyellow

yesitisyellow New Member

I think it's a disgrace to see Chris Lytle fight the way he has been just in the effort to get FOTN. With such good grappling skills, why would he not try to utilize those skills and try to actually win?

18. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

he's a practitioner of Jorge Gurgel/Andy Wang bjj

19. miek

miek New Member

:rofl:

20. Redneck Shinobi

I know, I would think so. I know this is MMA and it's different, but getting caught with subs is all too real. There is no gi for them to clasp on when he comes down, but shit he almost got caught with another triangle doing the same thing. I think he needs to work on his ground gameplan and it makes me question if he really trains with GSP as they say, I'd just be GSP riding his back doing spins all day.

21. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

no he didnt but I think his big plan wasnt to check the kicks I think he just went ahead and conditioned his legs.

22. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I think he let Davis pressure him into keeping it on their feet. I thought it was pretty faggy for Davis to go out and claim that the fans want to see a fight on the feet so Lytle should agree to not take the fight to the ground. Lytle could have followed up a couple of times on the ground ( I was taking a crap for the first 2 minutes and missed when he dropped him), but he let Davis up. Stupid stupid stupid.

I want to see Davis vs Alves

23. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

already happened

24. Redneck Shinobi

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I could see that guy that thinks he figured out the sweet science behind a shitty haymaker he calls a power punch, doing that one next.

25. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

the placement makes it truly awful.. you can hold your arm perfectly still in one place and that tat doesn't look distorted.. 99% of the time it looks distorted on top of the fact its ugly