MMA UFC 113 FAIL

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by saabguy, Mar 8, 2010.

1. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

ugh...

i started looking at tickets since montreal is only about 3 hours away from me. thought it would be fun to go to a show at least once just to check it out. i was worried the two friends i'd probably go with wouldn't want to or be able to go. one of them is trying to have a baby with his wife and it's going to cost them about $10k for in-vitro fertilization. the other one has an 18 month baby and i was expecting him to get shot down by his wife. to my surprise, the first friend actually sounded pretty positive...thought "you know, it might be a long time before i get to do something like this again, so count me in." Great! now if i can get my other buddy to go, we can all split a hotel room so it won't hurt their budgets too bad and it will all be good.

i see him last night and when his wife leaves the room, i ask "so...given any thought to that UFC event in May?"
    him: "actually, yeah, we have talked about it" (sounding pretty up-beat)
    me: (hmmm...his initial reaction wasn't regret or remorse...we might have something good here)
    him: "yeah, we talked about it and actually thought we might go up on Friday and make a whole weekend out of it"
    me: "yeah, nice" (thinking: "did i just hear what i thought i heard? is he inviting his fucking wife to our guy's UFC weekend? no...he can't be that fucking stupid. here, let me ask a question to sort this shit out...")
    "so...what did you want to do for acomodations?"
    him: "well, we'd probably end up getting our own room. i mean, i don't think you and Joe would want to have to share a room with us. although, i don't know? maybe we could get a room with 2 double beds? i don't know if joe would be comfortable with that, but we could bring Anna's pack-n-play and she is sleeping through the night now..."
    me: ("motherfucker. not only do you want to bring your wife to ruin our guys weekend, but you're bringing your 18 month old on a UFC trip?")
    "um...yeah, ok"
    him: "so yeah, definitely, let's start checking out tickets and hotels"

[​IMG]

2. tonyk

tonyk New Member

fuck that, he's out of the group now

3. Soxnpats

Soxnpats Guest

u mad

4. heebler elf

heebler elf Guest

get the baby drunk

5. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

[​IMG]

6. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

yeah, i'm going to make a big fucking scene in front of his wife, baby, and two other couples and tell him that his bitch wife can't come...

..."sorry Kate, that's the way it is. can you pass the salad please?" :ugh2:

7. Toodles

Toodles You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the w OT Supporter

8. ZZex

ZZex New Member

He's never going to be the same, dump that friend

9. TheEspionage

TheEspionage New Member

Fair one.

Now you're not in the presence of his wife, have you thought of giving him a call and explaining the situation to him?

10. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Now that I'm married with a step-spawn I'm feeling that other end of this situation :(

11. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

yes. seriously, this came up last night at 7:30pm. i figured i'd let him wake up and take a dump first before calling him and berating him for being such a pussy.

or i should have knocked over the dinner table last night and yelled "nigga please! we ain't bringin' yo bitch and chillins to no UFC event! how am i supposed to get my dick suck on with some nappy ass ho when yo' bitch and kid are in da hotel room? FUCK DAT! (pointing to wife) BITCH YOU CRAZY!"

/cage crew real talk

12. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

we're all married now, so i have to cut him some slack. it's not like i expect any of us to be able to do shit like we used to a few years ago. but this is over the line :squint:

13. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

well, this isn't "normal." i should say, his wife can be pretty annoying sometimes and they've actually had some issues with her being pretty controlling that they are working on now. pretty messed up crap that i won't get into here. he's been working on (i think) getting out and doing his own things so it's not 24/7 wife/kid/family/home/etc. maybe a guys weekend to montreal to go to a UFC event was a little much for her to take and she's insisting that she gets to go. the last thing i'm going to do is abandon him though...i'm going to call him today and basically say "WTF, are you serious?" maybe he/she thought that the rest of us were bringing our wives and it was going to be some faggy sight-seeing weekend getaway? first thing my wife said when i told her we were thinking about going was "montreal? i wanna go..." and i just made the :hsugh: face and she said she understood if i wanted to just be a guy's trip.

...coming from a 30 year old married dude

14. kilian

kilian You've got quite a treasure there in that Horadric OT Supporter

You need to set that shit straight.

That will change the tone of your entire trip, even if the rest of the group tries to work around it.

Buzz Killington.

15. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Does the wife just suck? Some of my friends have awesome significant others and they just were seamlessly woven into the group.

Some of my friends SO's just suck.

16. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

:rofl:

they aren't working on shit if she is coming to the guys weekend with the kid. :bowrofl:

17. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

yeah, she kind of sucks. she's tolerable. but going away for a trip like this? no way. but i can't really think of any SO i'd want to go on a trip like this. even if it was just a normal "couple's getaway" i don't think we'd go with him and his wife just because she can get kind of annoying

:wtc:

18. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

fuck :bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

19. Lokman

Lokman New Member

married friends should not be counted upon for anything. until the kid is at least a teen.

20. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

This really isn't UFC 113 Fail, UFC 115 is a total fail with maybe 2 matchups I'd even want to see. I want my fucking click back, this sounds like a total chick passive agressive bullshit.

My gf is coming with me to the next UFC and fuck anyone of my friends that think she doesn't deserve to go. She watches events with me and actually knows who I'm talking about now. In order for marriages to work there needs to be communication and of course he is gonna run this by her and who the fuck cares anyway. She can go shop and see Montreal, it's a beautiful fucking city and tons of shit for women to do there.

I honestly think you don't have a problem here, you should have fucking worded it a lot better when you made the initial plans.

21. NUDES

NUDES New Member

sounds like you guys all have boring ass girls really. If you have cool chicks, and your goal is not to get out with "just the guys" to try to pick up other girls, then bringing your girls and getting a 3 bedroom suite and partying it up is a blast.

A lot of married dudes I know that always insist on bringing just the dudes have shitty ass wives and they also cheat on them a lot, so it kinda goes hand in hand. If your chicks are cool, it's fun as fuck to drop some cash on a suite and get down.

Unfortunately once married many women turn into piles of shit, both physically and otherwise.

22. miek

miek New Member

:rofl:

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

23. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

that's nice. does your girlfriend hang onto your balls for you, or does she let you carry them around in your fanny-pack?

i agree montreal is a beautiful city and there is lots that women can do for fun there. that's not the point. they can go do all that fun shit they want ANY OTHER WEEKEND. why does she need to hijack the one weekend we pick?

24. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

chicks that you go to montreal with to "get down and party" are not marriage material, imo. we're not planning on going up there to whore it up and cheat on our wives. marriage can just be a little draining. it is "work" and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. it's easy to have the blinders on so every day it's wake up/work/go home/spend time with wife/do projects around the house/go out to eat with wife/work/more projects/go to target to look at new curtains/etc. my friend who's being the douche has it even moreso because he's got the baby in there. i thought this trip would just be a good chance to step away from all the "domestic" crap and hang out. not worry about "what color should we paint the baby's room" or "do you think this new curtain rod matches the light fixures?" hard to do when what you're trying to get away from wants to come along for the ride

25. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Kick his ass out of the group man.

There were 4 of us guys going to UFC 107 when one of the guys had to back out. One of the guys decided to bring his controlling psychotic bitch girlfriend so that we weren't out 50 bucks. She was in a bitchy mood the entire time, and when we got to the event center, she almost immediately lost her digital camera and pouted the entire event and was bitchy to everyone. It DEFINITELY changed the tone of the trip and if it wasn't for BJ Penn and Frank Mir stomping ass, I would have probably choked her ass.

Your friend's wife will get in a bad mood, put your friend in a bad mood, which will then put you in a bad mood.

Don't let it happen! Not to a fucking UFC event. Maybe a high school football game or something, but not this.