ubuntu wireless usb problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lolacaust, Jan 12, 2006.

1. lolacaust

lolacaust New Member

hey i'm just starting out in linux and i'd like to hook my computer running ubuntu(5.10) up to my wireless router using a NETGEAR wg111t wireless usb adapter.

i've looked around online and checked out some tutorials for using ndiswrapper to install the .inf drivers from cd and website. i've done this a few times in a few different ways making sure the .sys files were in the same directory. however when i do a 'sudo ndiswrapper -l' to check on the drivers they say the following:

athfmwdl driver installed, hardware present
    netgear11t driver installed

i'm assuming that the process isnt working because there is no "hardware present" next to the netgear11t driver but i have no idea on how to make it happen.

i've heard something about ndisgtk and how you can get it from synaptic.
    would this help me? and if it would, how do i get it onto my computer and installed if there is no way to hook the computer up to the internet any other way than wirelessly? i know that it would probly be cake to get it off synaptic if i had an existing internet connection but i don't.

please help! thanks.:)

2. lolacaust

lolacaust New Member

anyone?

3. Dementio

Dementio OT Supporter

from what I've seen on google, it doesn't look like it'll work atm. but, you can always sepdn ~$50 on a card that is supported by linux, just make sure you do your research first to make sure that it is supported