UAP NAPA screwed up my order of SFP

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Ballast, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

So they were nice enough to deliver it to my office door... but there was a problem...

The price they quoted me for the Swirl Free Polish was for th 16oz bottle, which is what I wanted... They ordered me the 32oz bottle...

I said "I'm not paying for that"... and they gave it to me at cost, which was 50 cents more than what they quoted me for for the 16oz bottle :wiggle:

So in total, i got a 32oz bottle of SFP for $14.50 canadian (about $9.50 - $10 USD), and a tin of #16 Paste Wax for $14.56 canadian (about the same price as SFP in USD).

I know the SFP was a GREAT price, but how is that for a tin of #16?

2. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

I bought my #16 at a local auto parts store for $13.99 USD.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

#82 only comes in quarts and gallons. They don't sell 16oz bottles of it. If the last two numbers of the product number on the order ended with 32, it is the quart and 01 is the gallon...just for future referrence.

I had problems ordering some of the 6.5" Meguiars pads at a local distributer (not my usual one, thought I would try a closer place) and when the pads came in, they were trying to charge me $14 per pad! Hell, I can order two polishing and one finishing pad from Meguiars for $24.95. I think I ended up getting charged $10 per pad, but I'm not going back. My regular distributer will sell them to me at $8 a pop and they keep them in stock. I just have to drive farther. I guess the better prices and availability are worth it.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Oh yeah...with the #16-thin coats, apply to a panel or two at a time, then wipe off. It is an old school heavy paste so don't let it sit too long or it is tough to buff off.

5. Ballast

Thanks for the advice on the wax. We're on shutdown for the first two weeks of July, so I'm going to buff the hell out of my car. I can't wait to try to SFP and the wax :blue:

I only made the assumption it was a 16oz bottle. When he was on the phone trying to order it, he said "they have it in stock, you want it?" I asked how much and he got back on the phone to ask his price, and then hit the calculator and then said "it should be like $14"...

So I got to the store and saw the big ass bottle and said "wow, that's a lot for fourteen bucks!"... and the guy at the counter (the boss of the guy that put my order through) was :ugh: "what did he quote you?"

:rofl:

6. Ballast

does the #80 speed glaze come in pints, or just quarts and gallons?