Tyson

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by BBSLM, Apr 25, 2009.

1. BBSLM

BBSLM New Member

Great, great documentary. The Tyson story, from his own perspective. He gets emotional, which I wouldnt have expected. I never disliked him; I was too young to remember anything about Tyson from his heyday. I never gave him much thought, but just always figured he was, as he puts it in another interview, 'a big strong n*gger that knocks out people and rapes people and rips off people's shit.' He actually comes off as a genuinely well-meaning but misunderstood person that had an unfortunate upbringing and wasnt totally prepared to be on top of the world at 20 years old, then was accused and convicted of something he didnt do, which was the beginning of the end for him; Pre- and post-prison Tyson are two completely different people. Totally changed my opinion on the man.

[​IMG]

2. Eskimo Yo-Yo

Eskimo Yo-Yo absent OT Supporter

HBO's got a new documentary about the thrilla in manilla if you're into boxing. I never new what a total asshole cashes clay was

3. Foot Soldier

Foot Soldier New Member

i loved the film, seeing mike tyson in a personal view was a shocker, i loved watching highlights of his fights and IMO best heavy weight of time. he was young and let people manipulate him. he never was able to get a break in life.

4. G-man

G-man Well-Known Member

just saw it this week, was pretty good IMO. Good insight into his mind and his motivations

5. Funky Munky

Funky Munky Chronic Masturbator OT Supporter

Awesome doc.

6. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

Started it this morning but havent finished it. Alot of people do write tyson off as a Big Dumb Ni**er that fights like an animal. Truth is that he was a truely skilled fighter that really had a fucked up upbringing and was manipulated by just about everyone in his life post-constantine.

While that doesnt justify the fucked up stuff he has done in his life, it does shed light on how someone's environment can shape them and their image.

7. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

Really good.

8. The Terminator

The Terminator New Member

I'll have to check that one out, as well as the Tyson doc. Sounds like good stuff.

9. derekOT

derekOT New Member

can't wait till i get a chance to watch this one