SRS Type One Diabetes

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by msalyss85, Mar 17, 2005.

1. msalyss85

msalyss85 Guest

Recently, I've been diagnosed with Type One Diabetes. When I went into the hospital, my blood sugar was around 1700.

I'm new to this disease and I just wanted to share this with everybody. Hopefully I can get some advice from others who have Type One Diabetes.

This can affect anybody - I'm a healthy, active, 19yr-old girl and I got this disease.

I'm sorry, I don't really feel like writing a bunch on this topic, but I hope people who have Type One can discuss what they've done to cope with everything, because frankly, it's overwhelming right now :wtc:

I just wish I didn't have this disease; that my pancreas didn't shut down; that I was normal.

My mom says that having diabetes doesn't make me less of a person, but it certainly does feel like it :wtc:

2. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

Well my sister who is 17 right now got it when she was 13-14, I don't quite remember. It will be very difficult at first but in the end you will get used to it. I remember when my mom was driving home from the hospital after hearing the big news, she told me that she was so distressed that she was trying to control herself from ramming into another car on the street...

Anyway it really sucks, and BTW if it makes you feel any better I have a hearing loss myself and it is very frustrating because I cannot hear people who talk quietly or whisper.. But hang in there: We all have one disability or another. It's just what you can make most out of your life with that disability, that's what counts.

Best of luck to you.

3. I can relate. I'm sorry this is so hard right now for you. What a difficult piece of news to receive.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

My bro has it as long as i can remember. The keywords is BALANCE , everything has to be weighed out.

http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp
    http://www.diabetes.com/ (is being updated)
    http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/
    http://www.diabetes.ca/Section_Main/welcome.asp

First of all , don't worry you can live to be up 100+ with diabetes.

If you are healthy then keep on doing balanced exersising which influences your diabetes and body in a healthy way. Stay on using bee polls ,which contain a huge amount of vitamins which your body requires.

Scheduling.

Checking your blood regulary on fixed moments on the day.
    Always having some food with you (dextro energy pills) is recommended.
    Always have your set of medicines + emergency medicines with you.

Further more i would like you to visit the websites given to you for additional information and certain changes in lifestyle you have to apply.

Basically you can still do anything with it, but you need to live a more natural lifestyle in order for things to improve.

Basically diabetes is all about (as said )balance + Prevention of damaging your body. Exercising for maintaining your blood vessels condition.

My brother's health remarkably increased when he was jogging and exersising. He is currently doing Yoga and enjoying it a lot. Your whole life has got to become Ying and Yang. You exert efforts to make the pendulum swing in a balanced way from left to right. Which you will learn by getting experience into terms of what dosis you need to insert. The less the better.

Now a big huge :hug: Hug for you.

5. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

Well, i know very little about the disease, but what i can say is that i have a friend who has type 1 diabetes and he lives a completely normal life.