GUN TX CHL holder may loose it cause he wasnt profesional enough

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jun 4, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

June 4, 2007, 12:18AM
    Gun owner may lose permit for firing Glock at show
    He accidentally shot himself

By JENNIFER LEAHY
    Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

A man who accidentally shot himself in the hand during the High Caliber Gun & Knife Show at the George R. Brown Convention Center may face misdemeanor charges and revocation of his concealed handgun permit.

The incident occurred Saturday about 2:30 p.m. when the man tried to disassemble the Glock .40-caliber handgun while shopping for a new part, said event organizer Todd Bean.

"He pulled the trigger barrel over his hand and shot himself in the fatty part of the hand," Bean said.

On-site emergency medical personnel treated the man, who was taken to a hospital.

"We have signs posted at the entrance that state that no one can enter with a loaded weapon under Section 30.06 of the penal code," Bean said. If the man is convicted of violating the statute, he could lose his concealed handgun license.

The Texas Department of Public Safety requires the signs be in English and Spanish in "contrasting letters at least 1 inch in height" and be "clearly visible to the public."

"There are already a number of safeguards in place, and we keep piling on the safeguards," Bean said. People at doors ask if patrons are carrying weapons.

The show, which is held in Houston six times a year, is designed to offer "new and old guns, ammunition, gun parts, books, knives, knife sharpening, coins, camouflage" and other related accessories from about 150 vendors, Bean said.

2. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

We call this person a retard. I've never been to that particular gun show, but the ones I've been to clearly have the penal code up.

At the show I go to, they ask you if you have any weapons on you, if you do, they ziptie them so they are non-functioning.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

they did a physical inspection of the weapons at the show I went to in Phoenix. If the guy was dumb enough to pull a trigger without checking the chamber, he's probably not smart enough in general to trust to unload his weapon :dunno:

edit: they zip-tied ours too.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah the guy is clearly an idiot and shouldn't have a CCL.

5. keleko

keleko yes, he is

6. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

damn, first time EVER I have heard of a gun related injury at a gun show :dunno:

7. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

This guy A) Ignored the signs, B) ignored the police at the front door asking if you have a weapon and C) Ignored rule #1, ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED. He should be charged, and should lose his license, and should not be allowed to posses a firearm.

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Was reading the thread on it over on arfcom, someone said news says police aren't going to charge him. :hs:

9. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

*sigh*.... Atleast he gets a permanent reminder of what a dumb fuck he is. :hsd:

10. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

what an idiot...

11. Gimik

Gimik New Member

seriously... how can they NOT charge that guy? He had to have broken laws to have that happen.

12. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

regardless of how stupid this guy is, why design a weapon where you have to pull the trigger to field strip it? i never understood that.

13. Gimik

Gimik New Member

that bugs me too actually :hs: I'm scared to let my wife clean her own weapon.

14. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thats how are shitty system works people who shouldn't be charged get charged, people who should dont, or get slapped on the wrist :hs:

Public place like that should be charged with out question, now if this had happend in a private place like his home where charges wouldnt be really be needed, he'd end up with discharging a firearm in city limits or some bullshit.

15. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

That's one of the reasons I like my M&P9, it has a trigger disconnect mechanism. If you have a fingernail handy, and pull that bar forward while the slide is locked back, you don't have to pull the trigger to disassemble. Plus, once you put the gun back together, the firing pin won't cock until the bar is pushed back in, such as when a magazine is put into the gun. That way, you don't have to dry fire the gun or anything, it is decocked after assembly.

16. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

I find it funny that it's section "30.06" of the penal code.

17. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I always laugh about that too :rofl:

18. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

I would like to give the legislature credit for coming up with a section that's likely to be memorable for gun people, but odds are it's just a coincidence.