two week caloric deficit/cut

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by moses, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

coming down to the last two weeks of cutting. Been almost 5 months and i'm still not where i wanted to be as far as losing BF%. So i'm thinking of doing 1500-2000 a day with 45 minutes of slower cardio 6 days a week for the next two weeks. Food intake would be shakes w/1% milk, chicken, lean beef, spinach salad, some fruits. I'm still going to try to keep a 1 gram per/lb ratio.

I'm not going to do HIIT because i think its too much for me right now, so which would be more beneficial with cardio training, slower for longer, or steady 140-150bpm for 30 minutes?

ibhavefunlosingmuscle

2. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

what was your diet like for the past 5 months of cutting? Any breaks? More info please

3. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

5 months and you're not where you want to be? You either have set unreasonable goals or you're not dedicated enough.

As far as cardio, if you're not going to do HIIT, I would go at a brisk pace for 30 minutes rather than hours of slow cardio. It'll end up burning the same amount of fat but why spend hours on something you can accomplish in 30 minutes?

4. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i'm not going to say my diet was 100%, because it wasn't. I'd say 80% though was pretty point on. No sugars, no sodas, no high fructose corn syrups, no hydrogenated oils.

As far as breaks, I just got over the flu, and haven't been to the gym in two weeks, and a couple months back i got this rash and the doc says not to go back o the gym until it went away. So that was another week out. I think the problem with my not losing body fat, is i neglectged cardio because i wanted to build as much muscle as possible.

5. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i went from 220/39% BF to currently 216/30% roughly.

6. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

At 220, you had 134 pounds of LBM.
    At 216, you have 151 pounds of LBM.

Nice work, IMO.

7. iwishiwascool

iwishiwascool Lurker

Especially on a "cutting" diet.

8. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

wow, i guess that is good work. I'm still "chubby" though, and i was hoping to not be as chubby on vacation in two weeks. Also no, this isn't a spring break thing.

9. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

Cutting out the sugars and stuff is great but unless you are counting calories it's a shot in the dark. Granted, I went from 205-180 doing that. Then I cleaned up my diet even more and started counting calories and taking in below maintainence. Now in week 6 I'm at 165lb. So I'd say start a 6 week cycle of going below maintainence and then take a break, rinse and repeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.