GUN Two Suspects Shot, One Killed, in Brunswick Home Invasion

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Sep 3, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Two Suspects Shot, One Killed, in Brunswick Home Invasion

Monday, Sep 03, 2007 - 10:18 AM Updated: 10:43 AM

Brunswick authorities are investigating a deadly early morning shooting.

Police officers responded to the report of a home invasion with subjects being shot at 601 Wolfe Street about 1:30am.

When they arrived on scene, we're told an 18-year-old black male was found sitting on the front porch suffering from a gunshot wound to the abdomen. They say another black male was also found shot, lying down inside the home.

Police tell us both of the shooting victims were suspected of entering the house and attempted to rob the occupants at gunpoint.

Officers say they were shot by one of the victims who was defending himself and others in the residence.

The 18-year-old suspect was transported to the local hospital for treatment and faces criminal charges. We're told the second suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

None of the victims in the residence were injured. Brunwick Police is handling the case and they say the investigation is on-going.

2. Gimik

Gimik New Member

unpossible. no one can win against a criminal. the proper response is to ask if the home invaders would like standard lube or warming.

3. DaninTexas

DaninTexas OT Supporter

With a 357 mag with in hands reach right now and a locked and loaded AK-47 less than 6 feet away - someone comes through the front door they aint leaving.

Plus now in Texas I dont have to retreat - nor can the surviving family sue me. Woot!

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

yep in Oklahoma we have the Make My Day law. I don't know all the specifics but from what I've gathered, if someone enters your home, you can shoot them even if they aren't fully in the home nor threating you (i.e. just climbing through the window).

After my house got broken into recently, I've been talking with all my neighbors. One has a shotgun rigged to the door that will supposedly shoot anyone that comes through while it's booby trapped. That is also supposed to be legal under this law.

5. Gimik

Gimik New Member

wow. I would research that law before you start shooting people and booby trapping.

6. Coottie

Totally....but it was big news years ago because it was somewhat radical.

My understanding of the law, prior to the make my day law, was that you were only allowed to defend yourself with as much force as was brought against you. This new law basically did away with that idea and if someone enters your home unannounced or without your consent, you can kill them and you won't be in the wrong.

But yeah...I'm going to be researching it in the coming weeks.

Brief write up for ya....says that homeowners are immune to any (criminal or civil) charges for shooting someone that enters your home....even if they are unarmed.
    http://www.oksenate.gov/news/National_Media/nm20041031.html

An even better link

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/deliverdocument.asp?citeID=69782

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  7. Gimik

Gimik New Member

it doesn't say anything about booby-trapping, and I'd still think it'd be illegal as the booby-trap cannot determine if the homeowner is in mortal danger.

Not saying he's wrong and I'm right... you should speak with a lawyer about that before you go booby-trapping your house. They usually aren't looked-upon favorably by law enforcement.

8. Coottie

:werd:

I tell ya, I can totally understand the mentality tho. Having this person in my home while I wasn't here makes me want to booby trap the whole house just to fuck them like they tried to fuck me.

I wonder if a net camera or burglar alarm phone call, would qualify as "reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred." lol remote controlled booby traps FTW!