Two simple pick up examples

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by PocoDiablo, Jul 5, 2007.

1. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Okay, here's a scenario for you folks from last night.

Story One:

I went to the bar where my wife works to hang out. On the way in, I noticed a woman standing outside the front door, and she was talking to some guy. Clearly she was not thrilled with the conversation, judging from her facial expression and body language. As I walked by, our eyes met. I kept eye contact for 4 seconds (my rule) and smiled slightly at her as I walked past. She noticed and kept her eyes on me until I passed. When I got to the door I looked back, and she had turned to look at me again. I smiled slightly again and went in. I don't think the guy she was talking to even noticed (I would have, hello!)

After a while they came back in the club and she sat down with two of her female friends about 3 tables away and one row across, facing away from me. However, she kept turning her head to talk to her friend and would look at me. I kept eye contact and smiled slightly every once in a while, other times I ignored her. I went about my business as usual, talked to my wife a few times, who happened to be at the bar which was nearly in front of this other woman. (Quick funny - this woman was trying to talk to some guy sitting in the next row, and they both learned forward at the same time and he head butted her! Not so smooth, buddy! ) After a few minutes, it was clear she was talking about me as her friends both checked me out. I gave eye contact and smiled slightly - just a friendly "smirk" really, nothing overboard.

Then a few minutes later it was clear she was telling the guys about me as well, and then everyone pretty much looked over at me. So I simply walked over and said "Hi. I'm [name]. I seem to be the topic of conversation over here, am I correct?" She gave me an odd look and said "No, we were talking about the guy behind you." So, I politely said "Well, that's too bad, but it was nice meeting you." and gave her a look like I knew she was bullshitting me. I then turned and went and sat back down.

Not 10 seconds later she came over to me and said she was sorry for the miscommunication. We ended up talking on and off for the rest of the evening as she came and went, and she sat with me for at least a half hour total. I later introduced her to the wife and we all talked for a while, and I could see it kind of burst her bubble. Oh well! And yes, I got her number but I've got no reason to call it so I deleted it.

So, take everything in stride, be polite, be approachable, look friendly, make a move, and you never know who you might meet. And a rejection is not always a rejection.

I should add, she was one of about 5 female customers to 50-60 male customers, and was easily the best looking of the group as well (but couldn't hold a candle to my wife!) Don't let looks or groups deter you and don't psyche yourself out. Just go for it.

The less you think and the quicker you act, the better you will tend to do. I think this is because you stop "thinking" and have to start "doing."

Story two:

A guy came and sat down with me. I ended up talking with him. When we were talking, I noticed a woman checking him out. She was with three guys. I immediately told him, and he noticed it too but also saw the guys. He rationalized that one of them must be her boyfriend. I said that it was highly unlikely, and he should walk up to her and say hi. He said he didn't know any lines, etc., and I told him the world best pick-up line:

Hi, I'm [name], what's your name.

After a few moments of discussion, I told him that he had to move quickly as she was approaching the exit. However, when she got there, she stopped and turned back and looked at him again. I told him to go now and do it.

So he did. She lit up when he approached. The conversation seemed to go well. He came back in a minute or two and told me her name was Samantha and she seemed nice. I asked if he got her number. He said he did not. I told him to go back and get it. He hesitated, I told him again and he finally did. She quickly pulled out a pen and wrote it down for him, gave him a little handshake, and headed out the door.

I think he's got a date.

So, it's really not so much what you say, guys, it's paying attention to who is checking you out and going over and saying hello.

And that 4 second eye contact rule? Here's how that works: If you look at a woman for 4 seconds she will either look away quickly AND to the left or right which signals disinterest, or she will keep contact for a few seconds and then look DOWN. When she looks down after 2-3 seconds, she is interested, and you need to go say hello.

2. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

3. That's why we love you Poco. :bowdown:

4 second rule = the new 3 second rule.

4. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

:rolleyes:

5. Abomb

Abomb New Member

:ugh:

6. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I love detailed replies, they're so helpful. :greddy:

7. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

Please explain the reasoning behind looking down = interested, looking to the side = uninterested

8. Abomb

Abomb New Member

looking down is submitting to you me thinks

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Your wife wasn't pissed you got another woman's number?

10. nygiantplaya

nygiantplaya I

wow im def using the 4 second rule!

11. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

There is no reasoning behind it. Its basic body language.

12. NCS

NCS Active Member

i dont know how much i buy into this. also, what does looking down the moment you make eye contact mean? and what does looking left/right quickly the moment you make eye contact mean? in other words, just like you said, but without holding the gaze.

im not saying you're wrong, but i may have to test this out

13. Pringles

Pringles New Member

on this 4 second rule. Why can't that just be contact till they look away.

I interpreted what you were trying to say is that if she looks right or left, chances are she isn't interested. If she looks down it's game time.

Did I miss something?

14. Abomb

Abomb New Member

dont fuckin read so much into the 4 second rule, just hold fucking eye contact with a hot broad, smile, and try not to appear like you are an insecure jerk off

15. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

too long will come off as creepy or disturbing

16. Pringles

Pringles New Member

don't most girls look away after 2 or 3? What chick just glares back at you?

17. Desibabu345

Desibabu345 I like meat. Man meat.

One who's obviously interested in you.

18. FredBull

FredBull *******

####___####___####___###_ #_______#__#___#_______#
    4lr1ght NY Giant Playa :coold:

seriously though people, one shouldn't take that 4 second rule too serious, i know my current gf would be too shy to hold any eye contact with any stranger while other girls are more aggreisve/flirty and will hold eye contect with anyone just as not to back down :dunno:

not saying it's complete bullshit but reading women is not THAT easy.

19. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Exactly.

Correct.

Yes, but the point is HOW they look away. Notice the details - You give a slight smile if they continue to look. You THEN notice how they look away. Then you approach her after you confirm it was not just a one time glance.

No. She knows I give dating advice, and I practice what I preach. Don't take advice from someone who is just a keyboard jockey, take advice from people who are out doing things. We both a giant flirts and make friends easily.

So which way did she look when you met her?

And then you just walk over and say hi. Simple.

Sure they are. Just like women read men easily. Guys who slouch, hold their head down, don't make eye contact, don't approach... EASY. If you're telling me people cannot innately read body language, well, then I think you could possibly do some more research on body language. :coold:

20. SQLee

SQLee The OTer That Cares™

So you and your wife swing? :o

21. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

You wish. Well, if you saw my wife that is... :mamoru:

22. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Good stories! :bigthumb:

23. Bounty15

Bounty15 OT Supporter

4 second rule? Some of the things you guys come up with... :rolleyes:

24. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

A comment like this indicates to me you've never had to work to meet a woman - either you're a natural or your great looking. Either way, props to you. But remember, some of us are not models, so we have to learn other methods of meeting women besides relying on our looks.

25. babar

babar Active Member

so i did the 4 second rule to this blonde bombshell...and she looked to the right haha. i was actually impressed with myself that i was able to stare at her straight in the face for 4 seconds, gave a little smirk.