two OS's on one comp?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by complains2much, Sep 9, 2004.

1. complains2much

complains2much New Member

is it possible to have two different language OS's on the same comp, like having english XP home edition and lets say japanese XP home? i know that i can have two different os's, but i've only seen stuff that involve different OS types, like XP and 98, etc. is it the same as that? help much appreciated :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

2. BradUF

BradUF Guest

You can have ONE OS then just install japanese and just turn it on and off :/

3. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Yes, you can. Once you install your second OS, it will show up on the boot loader, I would probably suggest making a new partition for that second OS though.

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

But why?!?!? you can just turn english off and on.

5. complains2much

how would u turn the language on/off?

and if i wanted to install the files for the second language and keep it separate, would i need to install the files to another directory? kind of a retorical question but i wanna make sure i dont wipe my files out because of this

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

My Computer > Controll Panel > Regional Languages > Advance. When you install another Language windows puts a little icon by the clock and when you click on it, it will let you select Languages you have installed.

7. complains2much

isnt that just input/typing text? what i want is for the whole computer to be in the second language