MIL Two Facedness v.isthatevenaword?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Noah, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Noah

Noah The things we know best are the things we haven't OT Supporter

I love being an Officer. I love the challenges that are presented and finding solutions to them. I enjoy the people I work with, for the most part.

The newly installed HHC CDR says that he wants to "toughen" me up; says I am too polite. A general mentorship thing. All for it. I enjoy learning new things, or seeing a different way to work. He is prior service (E-6 out of Bragg) and seemingly did a good job in command of a line company.

While waiting on a buddy to finish something up I over hear him telling our BN CDR to send me to FSC and that he dosen't want me around. I speak with my buddy about this and he says that the CDR just dosen't trust people whom he hasn't worked with before, etc.

Now, I've already completed my PL and XO time. I am due to promote in Dec. I'm no slouch when it comes to work. This caught me off guard. I'm going to wait a day or so then sit down with him and ask what's going on. Of course though, always appreciate the input from OT.

2. kazimer

kazimer New Member

The goodnews: there will always be backstabbing behavior anywhere you work
    The bad news: there will always be lowlife backstabbers/2-faced people

cliffs: He is an HHC CDR, fuck him. Go to the BC and ask him if the FSC has any openings, dont let them think they rat fucked you into a job. You don't want to work for anyone like him. He will fuck you over again.

Are you currently the XO or are you in S-3 or something and just fall under HHC?

edit: I dont and wont give the officer approved response :o

3. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

Always a bad apple...i agree with the leaving before you can get sent away idea. Probly your only good option besides taking it in the rear.

4. Noah

Noah The things we know best are the things we haven't OT Supporter

S9 OIC. Non-Lethal Targeting. Though since we just completed a move back to our parent BDE, nothing happening in my lane. My BN XO, whom I get along with greatly, has said that I'm just going to used for the short suspense taskings, helping un-screw the HHC Property Book (of which two former XO's are working now), things of that nature.

Planning to sit down with this person today and ask what's up. Not one to let things fester.

5. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

i think it would be a horrible idea to go trying to volunteer for a position in the FSC given his branch.

6. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Arty?

7. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

It amazes me how clear it is to Sr. Officers which Commanders are shitheads and which ones aren't.

Never really realized that from the bottom looking up. Whole new perspective looking down.

8. kazimer

kazimer New Member

i think it would be horrible to work for someone that is a backstabbing douche like this guy's cdr :hs:

what is his branch?

9. kazimer

kazimer New Member

:cool:
    i got to do S9 while i was deployed and it was a great time
    lol yeah i cant really see much going on stateside in that realm.

how much contact do you have with the CDR on a daily basis?

10. JSin

JSin New Member

Talk with him, maybe he doesn't want another captain around, knows you have some talent and are being wasted. Could be a simple reason. But if not, try to get away.

11. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

He's infantry. There are shitty commanders and officers everywhere. Just gotta work through it I suppose. I went from being under a hot shit commander to one minus the hot part.
    Really though, if I were you id only care what your XO and BC thought. Fuck the HHC commander, you do and don't work for him.