Twin Peaks' "Laura Palmer" in Bioshock 2...

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by hellodon, Mar 3, 2010.

1. hellodon

hellodon

I dont know how many Twin Peaks fans are here but its one of my favorite shows.

Anyway - I was looking at Sheryl Lee's profile last night (Laura Palmer) and noticed that she is listed as "Additional Voices" for Bioshock 2.

Now, if you've ever seen Twin Peaks, particularly the last episode and the movie prequel...you may remember how creepy this chick can be...but most importantly, she can scream like a mother fucker. She wasnt around much because she's found dead in episode 1 of the show, but she is an important part of the show throughout and you do see her here and there in weird ways.

Anyway - when I was playing Bioshock 2, the first time I heard a Big Sister scream I was like "whoa that sounded like Laura Palmer's scream in the final episode of Twin Peaks" because I had seen it again recently, and I'll never forget it...it's a creepy one. She's not screaming in fear, she just starts screaming:

[​IMG]

....and it sounds just like the Big Sister's scream...

There is no credit for the Big Sister voice so I'm thinking it's pretty likely that they used her scream. I really would like to find out for sure. Maybe they even just took the audio from that episode of Twin Peaks. It's one of the scariest screams ever. You just feel uncomfortable hearing it, and I felt the same way when I heard the first Big Sister.....eiw.

2. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I've always meant to watch Twin Peaks... my gf watched the first season and said it was kind of slow & hard to follow... I'm not a big fan of David Lynch's films so I dunno if I'd like Twin Peaks but it was apparently considered the "Lost of the 90s" so maybe I would like it :o

3. hellodon

hellodon

Shit if she found the first season slow and hard to follow then she'll hate the second. The first season was 7 episodes and I couldnt wait to watch the next...they were all really good...and if watched consecutively it made a lot of sense and was way better than the second...which was 22 episodes...each more confusing than the last and it moved SLOW after the first 6 or so all the way up until the last couple. But once you see it all it's a really great show...then there is a movie that is a prequel to the whole show and makes the complete series make more sense.

4. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

5. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

makes the main series make more sense, but it sure adds additional :wtf: moments :mamoru2:

6. hellodon

hellodon

Oh yeah, definitely!
    I heard from a lot of people that the movie sucked before I saw it. I ended up loving it!