Tv tuner and dual monitor setup

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by uklipse, Mar 17, 2006.

1. uklipse

uklipse New Member

I have dual monitors and a ATI Radeon 7500 with a seperate tv tuner card. When I try to drag the tv screen to the second monitor the picture goes black. I have tried loading Hydravison but that does nothing. Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Also the video gets choppy whenever I go anything even just surfing the net. My video card only has 64mb of ram and my system has 512. Do I need to upgrade my video card or my system ram?

Thanks

2. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

Start the video on the other monitor. Media player does that to me if I drag it to the other monitor. Start it on the other, and it's fine.

3. Grelmar

Grelmar New Member

I used to have the same problem, you have to go into the Radeon "Video Settings" settings in Catalyst Control Center.

If you have your TV set to clone your secondary or primary monitor, then in the box "Overlay Display in Clone Mode" you need to check the "Same on all" option.

This way, I get to use my secondary monitor to "preview" what will be showing on the TV.

In "Standard" or "Theatre Mode" (the other two options), media player will blank out on the second monitor, and only show on the TV out, which saves a bit on processing intensity.

Should end up looking like this:
    [​IMG]

That reasonably clear?

NB: "Main Display" on this pic is a bit misleading. It refers to the "Main Display" on that card. My primary monitor is being fed from a different graphics card.

4. Grelmar

Grelmar New Member

Oh, and the video choppy thing when you're doing anything besides just watching vid:

Nothing a dual core processor and 1G of fast RAM couldn't fix.