GUN TV Surviving Disaster - home invasion

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, Sep 25, 2009.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Anyone watch the home invasion episode on Spike the other night. I've been meaning to post about it.

They went into all manner of nonsense of how to survive a home invasion/kidnapping. Most of it was pretty far fetch, none of it mentioned any use of firearms.

In every instance the homeowners had some warning of criminals getting into the house and they went to investigate with whatever weapons of oppertunity that had like wine bottles.

I had a lot of problems with most of the info in the show.

2. SoonDubu

SoonDubu The most honest moment in a man's life is the five OT Supporter

none of the criminals were armed either?

:confused:

3. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I was meaning to watch that... I was wondering how hokey it would be.

4. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

no guns lol
    sounds like a realistic home invasion lmao

god forbid they put guns in a show

next episode should show what would happen in that situation if the house was a WMD'er lol - you can almost see the 00 buck flying or the .223 from 1 of you guys's AR's

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

6. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

I love the Brink's Commercials (or whatever company it is) that shows the badguy breaking into the house with the hott, half-nekkid woman standing in the hallway, and then he turns and runs as soon as the alarm goes off.

I :rofl: everytime. Like that shit ever happens.

I wish I had the money and connections to have a commercial aired that shows a badguy breaking into the house, and then brutally raping and killing the hott bitch, all whilst the alarm is going off. And then he'd escape right before the police arrive. Finally, I'd have the little catchy phrase at the end; "When seconds count, the police are minutes away."

I think that'd be funnier.

7. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

no kidding lol, i heard the average response time for an alarm company to call the house etc etc and then call police and then for the police to arrive but i can't remember what it was, i wanna say it was something like 15 minutes or so, people don't know how much can happen in 15 minutes

8. I've thought the exact same thing many times.

9. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

Maybe you guys should meet up and make one.

10. If I made one, it would be me breaking into the house and raping pixel. We'd have to shoot that scene many times to make sure it was right.

11. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i watched the first episode, and have not watched any more of them.

edit: why is it i get most of my typo's at work???

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  12. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Make it "haven't" and I'm right there with you.

I mean, they had that terrorist on the floor, and just tied him up with a necktie? No. You find something big and heavy and hit him in the back of the head until it gets red and mushy. The twitching will stop on its own after a while.

For fuck's sake.

13. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Re: alarms

In the more populated areas of LA the police don't even respond to residential alarms. Too many instances of false alarms, pets activating motion sensors, etc.

So what happens is the alarm company when they get around to it calls the residence. If they get no response they will send a car out to check it out. If the guard actually sees something suspicious they call the cops. Then the cops respond when they get a chance. Really 15 minutes would be pretty fast and like somebody said people have been robbed raped killed and the criminals long gone.

14. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Here is the breakdown of the episode in question for those who missed it, (didn't miss much).

Scenario 1. 6 people in the living room watching TV all adults, men and women. They hear breaking glass in the house. The women call 911, men pick up wine bottles pillow, and jackets. Pillow and jackets are to be used as sheild. One guy actually has a baseball bat. They talk about fighting stadegies. Lead with the pillows and jackets wrapped adround your arms then poke pool cue style with the baseball bat. At this point I was like WTF. The men move single file into the kitchen and there is a lone tweaker homeless guy with a kitchen knife. They talk about if they had to rush him the first guy goes in at him, if he goes down, then the second guy goes in, repeat. I was like serious WTF.

I would think if you had no guns you call the cops, wait for reponse. Announce you have called the cops and hope criminal leaves. If you do spot criminal you let him leave. To beg him to leave before the cops get there, you do not rush him.

What ended up happening first guy rushes hime and criminal gets him in a choke hold with knife to throat. Cops come and post on criminal with guns pointed. The show then teached you how to push kinfe away from throat so cops can shoot criminal.

I'm thinking this is the last thing you want to do is put your life in cops hands to see if they can make the shot without hitting you. Let the cops try to talk the guy down. Secondly yeah struggling with a guy that has a knife at your throat.

15. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Worthless.

16. twistid

oops

17. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

scenario 2 movie home invasion

6 people in living room hear breaking glass. They try to call 911 and the phone lines are cut. The home owners now "know" it is a serious home invasion so they retreat to a choke point and wait, they somehow know they are surround and cannot escape. So the criminals funnel in and the 3 men take the first guy down. criminal had a shotgun but second criminal comes in another door and is also armed. Homeowners surrender. The men and women are seperated. They have their hands and feet tied with zip ties. The criminals besides be profesionals with black tactical suits, heavy firepower and night vision goggles tie everyones hands in front and do not check the tightness. The show teaches you how to flex so that your binds are looser. Then the hostages are left to sit. Would think real proffessionals would zip tie hands in back, check tightness, then make them life face down.

So then male hostage asks to go to restroom allowed into restroom and door closed behind him. Allowed to find something to loosen zip tie unsupervised. Allowed to return where they distract criminals with remote panic alarm for car keys. Lone guard runs downstairs and then the male hostages make their escape. They jump from second floor and run. Only to be captured by outside sentry. Are brought back and then one of the hostages is executed for their trouble. For so call professional criminals they sure are sloppy. Hostages are usually told to piss their pants and not allowed bathroom breaks, or at least supervised.

So then later it is discovered that one of the hostages is a bank manager, he is taken to the bank to pull out money. Wife of bank manager is also taken and put in the trunk. Wife from inside the trunk disables brake light. She then pops trunk latch and runs for it. She escapes. Cop later pulls over bank manager because he is driving reckless, running stop lights etc trying to get pulled over. Criminal seems to be ok with this and does not pistol whip the guy etc. They get pulled over. Criminal tells bank manager not to try anything funny or he will get smoked. Bank manager hands cop his Credit card when asked for drivers licence. then acts like he might of been drinking. Cops asks the guy to get out of the car. Criminal has hand on gun, hand accoss body, gun pointed inside his jacket at cop and hostage. Somehow hostage is allowed out of the car, is able to say something to the cop in under a second, cop is able to understand in under a second and draw and kill criminal before criminal smokes the both of them. Would think in real life if the hostage is asked to step out of the car, the criminal immediately kills the cop. Cop should check everyones hands and not seeing passangers hands would respond by demanding to see hands with his own pistol ready to draw and to move evasively. Who knows.

Back at the house remaining hostages escape once again by making a friction saw out of shoe laces and sawing through bonds by pedalling their feet. Oh criminals bound them in front again, did not supervise them, and did not bind their feet. Hostages ambush criminals and beat them to submission with a womens high heel shoe and escape.

18. I'm with you on that!

19. mstad

mstad New Member

:werd:

That show is such a "Safe for TV" clusterfuck.

20. SoonDubu

SoonDubu The most honest moment in a man's life is the five OT Supporter

how lame :rofl:

21. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

r u sure this shit wasn't meant as a comedy or spoof? lol, too lame to be true lolz

22. twistid

nope... it's meant to teach people who have no clue, how to survive.

the host was actually cool on the radio interview i heard... but the show isn't that great.

23. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

The police response time to my area is 20mins away

Yea im gonna relay on them

24. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

What is even funnier is that the burglar is ALWAYS white. :rofl:

Not saying that white people never burglarize homes but out of all the commercials I've seen of theirs it is always a white guy, probably because they don't want to be protested.

25. oakback

oakback New Member

Here there's a local security company that uses this for their radio commercials:
    shitty security company calls customer:
    rep: "there's an alarm going off at your house"
    chick: "can't you call the cops?"
    rep: "no, due to so many false alarms, we can be fined if we call the cops and it's a false alarm"
    chick: "so I have to go check it out myself?"
    rep: "unfortunately, yes."

Then they go on to explain how their service is better in whatever way, some sort of special certification or some shit.