TV OUT while in game?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FyreDaug, Mar 30, 2006.

1. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

I currently sport and x800 pro agp card. Has dvi/vga and svideo out. I use vga for my 21" crt gaming monitor and the svideo out for tv... on the 27" tv.

Problem is, as soon as I enter a game the svideo goes blank. I assume because the game asks for 100% of video card to process it... which may be normal..

Now if I got a pci card, like say this one: http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures...Video Cards&CS_ProductID=1456276&ProductTab=1

would it still kill my tv when I enter game if I run the tv off of that card seperately? And also, ive got a 15" lcd im not currently using, would I be able to have 3 displays this way? Possibly be able to play game on x800, and run dual display off of that pci card?

Im not aiming for that one specifically, but it would be cool to still have tv on when I game. Ive got 300+gb of tv shows (seriously, ive got over 1.3TB of storage on this system right now) and the gf gets bored when I play games, Id like to be able to have the video output on the tv still from winamp or divx player or something.

As for sound output, im sure the audigy2zs plat will be able to keep the game synced aswell as the tv sound.

Basically what im asking is if its possible at all to have tv on and game on FROM THE SAME COMPUTER. Computers got more than sufficient specs to run both anyways. please help ot :wavey:

EDIT: For sound I dont care if they mix together, I can use volume controls for each app/game to control it. So if it sends 2 signals through my optical signal to my 6.1 stereo for both the game and tv show, I dont care.

2. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

anyone with any experience? gaming with tv on would rock for the gf

3. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

If the ATI control panel lets you set how the second monitor (in this case your TV) acts then look for a setting that says Clone.

I've never had an ATI card (I would say something but I won't), only nVidia. And I know with nVidia cards you can do the follow modes; Dual, Vertial Span, Horazonal Span and Clone. And as far as I know these modes work not just with standard monitors but also if a TV is used. Although I don't think you can have 2 monitors AND the TV as the same time, but I could be wrong.

4. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

hmm I would like to have tv on while in game though... without using a slave tower networked...