TV Card in PCI

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by YipMan_Style, Jul 24, 2003.

1. YipMan_Style

YipMan_Style Guest

Questions:

1. I heard that TV card is mainly to capture imagine. If you watch TV, it will be slow?

2. If #1 is true, then it's NOT a good idea to plug in a game console (XBox, PS2) in the RCA jack to play games on the PC monitor because the action will be slow and delayed?

Late,

2. dexedrine

dexedrine Guest

1. the images aren't slow or choppy at all. i used my tv card for capturing video, like whole tv shows and such, it can't be slow for that ;)

2. you're not going to get any better quality if that's what you're trying to do. the quality will be as good as the cable connecting them together.

3. WannaZO6

WannaZO6 There are 10 types of people in the world, the one

Which card do you have? I'm looking into getting one.

4. skeletor

skeletor Guest

I'm looking also.

5. IDAFC21

IDAFC21 New Member

i have this one. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...tory=1280&catalog=47&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

the 2000xp, 46 dollar one. VERY nice card for the money. you get a tv tuner and fm tuner to listen to the radio, plus a handy remote, and you can hook up external devices to it, like ps2 or xbox or whatever and record whatever you want like tivo or take screen captures too. This brings me to a question i was just coming on to post about actually, maybe someone can answer it. I just got a cable modem a month or so ago, which (obviously) uses your cable line for its connection. now the startup kit CAME w/ a splitter and extra cable so you can run one line to the modem and one to your tv, which i did, to my tv tuner card on my pc, however, when i have the splitter hooked up, my cable modem connection drops after a couple minutes and doesnt come back on unless i hook the line directly back into the cable modem. meaning my tv tuner card is more or less useless. Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? can i not split the signal? ive tried 2 different splitters and the same thing happens w/ both.

6. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I have the AverMedia TV Studio Pro or whatever.. came with everything, works beautifully.. I capture all day long.

7. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

Has anyone used the FM tuner part to stream radio. I was thinking about streaming a certain radio station here in the DC area and listening to it at work. They are not online yet and it sucks.

8. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Wow.. sounds like a good idea.

9. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Also can you capture the radio signal with the card? There a station in Houston who has shut down their online streaming for 'legal' reasons. :big grin:

10. IDAFC21

IDAFC21 New Member

w/ my leadtek, yes you can record from the radio too. anyone have any clue why i cant run my cable modem and tv tuner at the same time w/ a splitter? you SHOULD be able to do that right?

11. PBizme

PBizme I Got Nothing

The signal probably just isn't good enough. I used to have that problem at home and I ended up running a cable from a different room in for my TV card and not splitting the hookup going to the modem. That fixed it for me. You could call the cable company though and get them to come check it and see if the signal strength is up to what they say it should be.

12. IDAFC21

IDAFC21 New Member

hmm....is there any way to increase the signal strength myself?