tv blew out...now what?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NisAznMonk, Oct 24, 2004.

1. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

My parent's Sony Trinitron 32 inch just died a few days ago. The sound is still there, but my dad said the light blew out. Now we are looking into buying a bigger TV, but not sure what to buy.

I'm also scared that once we get a new TV, HDTVs will make mine obsolete. I was told that in 2-3 years that regular TVs won't even work anymore, and we'll all have to go with HDTV. I'm not a hardcore home theater fanatic, but I do like to watch TV. What should I do/get?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I highly doubt HDTV will make anything obsolete any time soon -- but if you're looking at a higher-end TV anyway, then might as well get a HDTV.

3. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Not really a higher end TV, just a bigger one. Are Mitsubishi TVs any good? My local Best Buy has a Mitsubishi 55" (model WS-55515) for $2,200.00. Granted I know nothing about TVs :hs:

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

mitsubishi makes some great tv's... but that price is too high. That TV should go for around $1500-1800.

5. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Do you have any recommendations then? I usually buy my electronics from Best Buy because I buy their extended warranty plans. Those plans have saved me a bundle of money and headaches sseveral years later, so I always end up going back. I am up for ideas though :)

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

do you have a "Good Guys" in Houston? It's kinda like a best buy but they only do electronics, and carry a better selection of "good" products (and less crap). They also have a great extended warranty with less hastles.

I can't really recommend anything other than I own a Mitsubishi and it's great... TVs all look different and depending on what you like, a different tv may be the best for you, but not so good for someone else.

Definitely go and look at em to decide.