Turtle Wax Paste Good For Dark Blue Finish?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Pussysmith, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

I have a dark blue color to wax. I just bought some Turtle Wax paste. I was gonna hand apply it to a single panel at a time and remove it 1 panel at a time. Any tips? I was thinking of just running through the automatic car wash then waxing it and removing with old shirts so that they are soft but abrasive enough to have some polishing ability still.

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Its not the greatest stuff on earth but what it really comes down to is prep vs product. I can use any product and make it look good as long as I get to prep the car right.

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: Agreed 100%. LSP is really far down the list as far as importance goes aesthetically.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Old shirts? Microfiber is your friend. Trust me on this.

5. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Thanks guys. Normally I use a bit more "sophisticated" product but this time I figured why not use what my father and grandfather used for many years. I will use microfiber if I have to!

What is LSP?

6. Paulie Walnuts

My grandfather walked the streets in his robe with his cock hanging out drinking a cup of coffee and smoking a cigarette at one point in his life but that doesn't mean I am going to do it....yet :naughty:

7. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:rofl:

And for accuracy, the previous generations of my family were Blue Corral users...:mamoru:

8. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

HAHA I'm not sure that is exactly what I meant. The best way to look at the situation would probably be to see that Turtle Wax gives good protective finish like the more expensive stuff. The more expensive stuff may give a *better* finish but the difference in price is huge. I pay $5.85 for a tub of turtle wax paste. I could easily pay 5 to 10 times more than that for the same size of premium wax made by some small company with 1/10th the research of turtle wax. Just my view, you mileage may vary.

9. Scottwax

Guaranteed, Carnauba Moose for $20 > Turtle Wax and it doesn't matter how big Turtle Wax is or what they may (or more likely, probably don't) spend on research. You give them far too much credit when it comes to using their resources to put out a top notch wax.

10. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Yeah I can see the argument from both sides. Personally I think an untrained eye couldn't tell the difference and the delta coefficient is negligible. Your mileage may vary but nonetheless all are good products.

Whats the way to go about applying and removing from dark blue paint? Circular application onto one full panel by hand then remove back and forth?

11. MartyFukstein

MartyFukstein OT Supporter

Their resources go into minimizing costs.

But ultimately, frequency of application is by far the most important factor, not the brand of product. Many enthusiasts put hours of research into buying the ultimate wax (at any price), only to apply it a few times then tire of the process and hard work.

It's far preferable to use an average product but apply it 6 - 12 times a year.

12. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

I agree with that. I know its time for me to wax and then do it again around Thanksgiving. Any comments on how I suggested application above?

13. Scottwax

You'd be suprised....

Circular to spread, back and forth as the wind goes over the car to work in.

14. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Thank you scott. So I guess I will also remove back and forth if I am working it in back and forth.

15. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    OMG, thank you, I needed a laugh tonight.

And for the record, I was raised on Rain Dance liquid wax.

[​IMG]

16. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Personally, I think if Turtle Wax works for you, and you like the results, then why the hell not use it? Whatever tickles your pickle man. As far as when to wax...pretty much when the rain stops beading, it's time to wax. If you want a much easier wax to use without the arm breaking removal Turtle Wax Paste has, why don't you try Optimum Car Wax? It's a spray that last a LONG time, and looks really good to boot.

But again, whatever floats your boat. If you like Turtle Wax, and are happy with it, have at it my friend.

17. Paulie Walnuts

Never understood what you saw in CW never cared for it.

18. Paulie Walnuts

Its what I do.

19. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Truck looks clean! Went on easy and came off well. If it ever dried on it was on there real good. I think it was because the paint was so dry it was just drinking up the wax. I will need to rewax in a month or so if I want a turtle shell hard finish for the winter. All in all I recommend Turtle Wax applied by hand and taken off with a microfiber for times when you want a tough cheap wax.