turning macbook in for repair / replacement...maybe?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by gui3, Apr 3, 2006.

1. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

apparently people have had a lot of problems with their MbP's

AirPort does not automatically rejoin a preferred network after waking up from sleep mode. This does not happen with my PowerBook. Settings are the same.
    AirPort would drop down to nearly 1 block randomly once in a while. This also does not happen with my PowerBook.
    At the lowest screen brightness setting (one block), the LCD's backlight flickers noticeably. This is pretty annoying.
    Heat is a big issue. The MacBook Pro gets so hot that I cannot place it on my lap if I'm wearing shorts. And even if I am wearing pants, it's still very uncomfortable. Using the AC power, the palm rest area becomes very warm, and the area above the F keys is very hot. I do not notice this with the PowerBook.

stuff like that. i have some of the airport issues and i definitely have the heat issue. i'm wondering if i should bring it in *now* or wait a few months to bring it in once the problems are like...deeeefinitely worked out.

i can deal with it, but i dont want to deal with the repair process prematurely

2. inamorata

inamorata New Member

bring it in now

the sooner the better

3. inamorata

inamorata New Member

4. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back