Turbo sr20de or buy sr20det?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by pharcyde183, Feb 2, 2005.

1. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

I will not be running high boost, The compression on the sr20de I already have is 9.5:1 (it's a JDM RWD sr). People just seem to tell me it's cheaper to buy a sr20det than turbo the sr20. I really don't get that. Sure it would be a better idea if i wanted to run high boost, but I don't. My plans are just to run a T28 turbo on it with a good exhaust and that's about it.

So should i spend a fortune buying and importing a sr20det and paying someone to stick it in the car when I already have an sr20de in it, which makes little sense to me. ( going in a datsun 510)

I know i need to modify the oilpan or lines or whatever shit in order to run the oil to the turbo but that's just getting some dude to drill it for me :o

so what you guys think?

2. victionone

victionone New Member

It depends. If you would like to make more power that what a sr20det can make, turbo your sr20DE. If you buy that sr20det, you will swap out all that turbo crap anyway. High compression and boost can work together very well with good tuning.

3. leeHA

leeHA New Member

I have the JDM SR20.. I'd just turbo your SR20 if you're really want to save some cash..

4. bmxenbrett

bmxenbrett Guest

yea i would go with the non turbo, then u can put on a better turbo than stock, also you wouldnt need an intercooler when you put the motor in. they sell so much turbo crap for the sr20 on ebay, not sure if its good but how bad can an exhaust manafold be? yea it could be a little warped or somthing, but thats not a problem for me (i got a machine shop in my "garage" :bigthumb:)

5. JDM RICE

JDM RICE Off-Topic OG Lurker

internally, are they similar? of couse besides the higher compression in N/A form, same characteristics?