GUN Tunneling Intruder No Match For Homeowner And His Dog

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by [DWI], Jul 10, 2008.

1. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/09/me-tunneling-intruder-no-match-for-homeowner-and-h/?news

By VALERIE KALFRIN
    The Tampa Tribune
    Published: July 9, 2008

Updated:

TAMPA - TAMPA - Robert Cash Jr. said he felt like somebody was targeting his Palma Ceia home.
    About two weeks ago, he found a claw hammer covered with a rag in a backyard flower bed. Last week, he saw the gate to his wooden privacy fence in the 4100 block of West San Luis Street had been opened. He secured it with a new lock.
    "It was obvious something was about to happen," recalled Cash, 40. "You don't know what to think."
    About 2:50 a.m. Saturday, everything gelled. Tampa police said Cash surprised a man who had tunneled under a neighbor's fence carrying a blowtorch and shimmied onto Cash's property.
    Cash said he greeted the intruder with a .357 Magnum after being awakened by the family dog, a 4-year-old male Chihuahua named Odie.
    "You just don't take chances," Cash said. "This guy was hell-bent on breaking into my house."
    Cash's wife called 911 while Cash kept the man at bay. Cash said he fired once at the man after he did not obey Cash's commands to stay still; the bullet went into the fence.
    "He said, 'Oh, I'm just trying to cut through,'" Cash said. "I fired a little to the left of him."
    :ugh:
    Cash's actions were justified, said Tampa police spokeswoman Laura McElroy. :confused:
    Police identified the prowler as Mark Edward Mazur, 56, of Tampa. He is charged with felony burglary, felony possession of burglary tools, misdemeanor assault and violating his probation. He was held without bail Tuesday at Orient Road Jail.
    Public records show Mazur lives at 4110 W. El Prado Blvd., about five blocks from the Cash family.
    Cash, a telecommunications consultant, said he has a burglar alarm but had deactivated it that night to avoid a false alarm during inclement weather. Fortunately, "the Odie alarm was on," he said.
    The 6-pound dog was a birthday gift years ago for his 8-year-old daughter, Elliot. She and her sister, Avary, 6, have rewarded the dog with treats for awakening their dad, Cash said.
    Reporter Valerie Kalfrin can be reached at (813) 259-7800 or [email protected].

2. McCroskey

McCroskey Jonny, what can you make out of this? OT Supporter

I would have shot the blowtorch thus incinerating him. That's the only way you can improve on the 357 without resorting to 9mm. :hsugh:

3. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

It's nice seeing this story after squid kept posting all the stories from England about people defending themselves getting tried.

4. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

This whole thing is weird as fuck.

Tunnel under the fence.

Torch set....

What in the holy motherfuck

5. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Motorola Q: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

Who did the robber think he was, James Bond? :rofl:

6. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

:rofl:

7. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

I bet he was there to do more than just rob them.

8. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggers, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Edit:

[y]rWOn1dFmFds[/y]

Just so I don't get banned for saying nagger

9. Finest

Finest OG #93

Seriously, who goes around thinking, "Hmmm, that's a nice house. I think I'll dig a tunnel underneath it."

I thought that only happens in cartoons? How long was this guy at it? Must have been months!

10. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

he dug a tunnel under the fence, not the house