Was having intermittant Fail to Extracts, that kept getting worse, and the recoil spring (stock from 1977) was getting weak. I replaced them with Wolff extra-power springs, 18.5 lbs for the recoil spring, as well as the free firing pin spring they give ya. Also cleaned out the extractor channel, which was pretty dirty... While I had it apart, noticed the firing pin retainer plate was starting to crack, so I ordered a new one from Browning. I put 200 rounds through it the other day, not one fail to extract, although the recoil spring was a bit tight, not yet broken in, causing a few misfeeds, and the slide to not lock back a few times. I've been storing it the last few days with the slide locked back, and the spring is already relaxing. I think those problems will go away by the next time I hit the range.