Tundra crew: need to stop the bed from sagging under load v.00-06

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ///M, Aug 14, 2007.

1. ///M

///M New Member

My dad has an 03 Tundra, and the only problem he sees with it with his usage is that the bed sags under load, and compresses the shocks all the way. He owns a restaurant and an HVAC company so he's constantly hauling food/furnaces.

Anyways, i briefly looked at some threads on tundrasolutions and concluded that what he needs is an add-a-leaf kit (i don't know much about truck suspensions, just small cars :o). He's not looking for too much of a lift back there, just something that'll keep the bed level when he's picking something up and has to drive across the state.

Any brand recommendations as far as add-a-leafs go? Also, would airbags be a good idea as well/instead? Thanks.

2. MUDFISH

MUDFISH New Member

When I had my Zr2, I added new leaf springs that I got from Advanced Auto Parts... from what I read they are the same as the more expensive ones... I had neve done anything automotive, and I was able to do them on my own... if you do them yourself, air tools help tremendously...

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

4. IHAVECRABS

IHAVECRABS Diversity is our strength. LOLOL

:rofl: @ tundra

answer: get a real truck with a real frame and real suspension. f-150 or ram or silverado.

5. ///M

///M New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (sprint moguLOL: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) Sprint:pPC6800)

:bigthumb:

6. ///M

///M New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (sprint moguLOL: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) Sprint:pPC6800)

:ugh2: yeah im sure that buying a new truck is a better idea than spending a few hundred on the one that's paid off

7. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

they make airbag overload setups that work with the factory springs. My friends dakota has a set. When hes towing, he just airs them up and no more sag. WHen hes done, he airs them down and its back to factory...

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I drive a tundra... trust me the rear end was WAAAAY too soggy stock. Did a set of those wheeler AALs and some Bilstein 5100 shocks. Rides like butter and hauls weekend loads great.

9. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

stop overloading it

Add a leaf's are fine but they are only helpful. They dont increase the truck's payload

10. ///M

///M New Member

:werd: but the bed sags even when it's not loaded to capacity. my dad is looking to buy a few year old superduty soon though since he's considering buying and starting up a concessions trailer, but he'd still be keeping the tundra (maybe selling it to me :x:)

11. 04blackgmc

04blackgmc New Member

Helper springs

AAL

or bags.