Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by f-g, May 25, 2009.
I'm guessing it's going to happen, not sure how I feel about it though.
they should have GSP and Anderson Silva for tuf 10 coaches
really sucks that they are going to do this to the division again, it's going to be held up for some time now
if rampage is healing, it might serve his purpose well
I was hoping this wouldnt happen. I was kinda hoping Rampage/Machida would happen soonish and then Rampage can knockout Rashad.
I really hate the belt being tied up for so long in such a stacked division, seems kinda stupid imo.
TUF needs a break unless they do a few for the HW division(which desperately needs more talent).
Quit fucking complaining, the belt isnt being tied up
it's going to be tied up for at least a little bit, unless the coaches turn out to be some other guys
Machida just fought, will need a three-four month break about. How long do you think its going ot take for the next season and finale.
they won't fight until December I would imagine
3-4 months seems about average so November/December is likely but I don't see a problem with that.
* The Ultimate Fighter: United States vs. United Kingdom (April 1, 2009 - June, 2009) - Welterweights and Lightweights
* The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir (September 17, 2008 - December 13, 2008) - Light Heavyweights and Lightweights
* The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest (April 2, 2008 - June 21 2008) - Middleweights
* The Ultimate Fighter: Team Hughes vs. Team Serra (September 19, 2007-December 8, 2007) - Welterweights
* The Ultimate Fighter 5 (April 5, 2007—June 23, 2007) - Lightweights
* The Ultimate Fighter 4: The Comeback (August 17, 2006—November 11, 2006) - Middleweights and Welterweights
* The Ultimate Fighter 3 (April 6, 2006—June 24, 2006) - Light Heavyweights and Middleweights
* The Ultimate Fighter 2 (August 22, 2005—November 5, 2005) - Heavyweights and Welterweights
* The Ultimate Fighter 1 (January 18, 2005—April 9, 2005) - Light Heavyweights and Middleweights
Production for this season started in january, it started airing in April, and is set to have its finale on June 20th, with the coaches fighting on July 11th.
That's almost 7 months of tying up a contender and/or title holder.
Not to mention, I see neither of these guys as being worthwhile coaches right now either.
those are sir dates, that ignores the entire duration of production.
But it shows the date of the finale which is usually followed a few weeks later by the coaches fight. So the show will probably air in August and Rampage/Machida fight in November/December.
so basically (assuming the auditions are finished) the show has to be recorded over a span of several months, then post-production over another 1-3 months, then the show takes what, at least 1.5-2.5 months to air on Spike TV? Then they have to have the finale before the coaches can fight, so you can add another week onto that
my expectation is that if these guys are the coaches, November at the earliest, more probable it would be the on the UFC "NYE" show