TSL, school me on jeans... v.bootcut is bad?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Aero277, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Aero277

Aero277 OT Supporter

So, after discovering the general hate towards bootcut jeans, I'm open to change. For those of you who used to wear bootcut jeans, why'd you switch, and what did you switch to?

I'm filipino, about 5'7", 150lbs, with a fairly average build. I've got bigger thighs though and size 13 feet. Usually I wear a business dress, but when I'm on my own it's usually a fitted t-shirt or polo and jeans, etc. I'm not exactly a super trendy person.

The main reason I've always worn bootcut jeans is because I'm really self-conscious about my feet. I feel like I look like I'm on skis and like the wide ankle opening as it hides more of my shoe. I seriously look like I'm on skis when I wear shorts. I also prefer my jeans to be more fitting than loose, if that helps.

TSL sartorial experts...pls halp me. :hs:

2. n1ck54

n1ck54 New Member

what i never liked about bootcut jeans is that they go around my shoes and touch the ground, then im pulling them up every 2 steps. with size 13 feet im guessing you don't have that problem. if you want to wear a different cut of jeans go for it, if anyone comments on your feet just tell them you have a huge dick. or if you like how you look in bootcuts, just stick with em :dunno:

3. BBSLM

BBSLM New Member

The bolded part isnt a bad thing.

Something tells me youre wearing shoes that are too big for you. I went shopping with my younger brother one day. He was wearing size 12 vans. Turns out he's really a size 10. Why/how he was wearing shoes 2 full sizes too big for him is a fucking mystery.

Bootcuts are wack. What you want are straight legs. Denim snobs who try to sound important will say APC New Standards are previous level and played out, but the jeans are relatively cheap, fit most people really well, and unless youre a lumberjack or coal miner the quality/construction is plenty good. Thats what I would recommend.

4. Aero277

Aero277 OT Supporter

I'll look into the APC New Standards...I used to sell shoes, and I discovered that most people freak out if they can even feel the tip of their shoe because it may be too snug...and then there are the handful that think they still need to leave room to grow into.

My shoe size honestly varies between brands and styles, but I'm usually always between 12 and 13. Hell, sometimes I can get away with an 11.5, but my feet are pretty big regardless. I actually squeeze into the smallest size I can get into without causing too much discomfort because I know they'll usually stretch a little.

I like the way my bootcuts drape over my shoe, and have never had a problem with stepping on the back of them.

5. digital

digital original

just wear a relaxed fit. bootcut looks odd imo

6. level99

level99 Guest

classic tapered if youre over 25

7. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

it's like wedge v. heels - it's all so that the fashion industry can make money.

not because it fits better, better for the environment/the world, better for you.

it's all to make coin.

8. ds888

ds888 Awesome.

if you have bigger thighs, i would try apc rescues instead of the new standards. rescues are straight leg, which may be a easier transition from boot cut also.

9. level99

level99 Guest

the damaged look is in right now. in a few months maybe not.

10. mcr

mcr smack my bishop

you should be having your pants tailored.