TSL....Deodorants and Shaving Creams Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Miller2000, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Miller2000

Miller2000 New Member

Deodorant -

OK so I'm using Old Spice ShowTime Deodorant at the moment that is about to run out, NOTE deodorant not antiperspirant, that has no alcohol in it. The last time I used antiperspirant of the same kind just about every time I put it on after a fresh shower my underarms would rain more or less. And no my undershirts aren't skin tight and no I don't have the condition where I over sweat, switching to a non-alcohol regular deodorant solved the problem. I'm just kinda tired of all of the scents of grocery store brands.

Shaving Cream -

I was IN LOVE with the Edge Active Care Peppermint, or whatever the scent was, because it rid me of those horrible razor bumps on my neck. Yes I know how to wetshave with the most expensive vibrating Gillete Fusion with the $20 refills, the one that The Art Of Shaving Sells for $100 with a different handle. My aftershave consists of Nivea Xtreme Comfort Balm and Neutrogena Triple Protect Face Lotion. Of course they took the Edge Active Care off of the market so right now I'm using this organic Men's Stock North Woods Shaving Cream made by Aubrey Organics that I bought at a health food store but it burns my nostrils like crazy. No razor bumps :) just a really really strong smell to it and of course no alcohol.

OK so question being when I go to Nordstrom or Saks I always see gift sets, some with deodorants, very few with shaving creams, etc. Diesel Fuel For Life is one of my new favs for cologne and I'm thinking of switching to something designer for deodorant and shaving needs. Should I just give in and hit up The Art Of Shaving for the shaving cream side or is there something at dept. stores I can check out? What about deodorants....any good recommendations on brands worth checking out since I know most of them don't have alcohol in them in the dept. stores?

CLIFFS - Deodorant - need a new non-grocery store designer brand recommendation. Shaving Cream - need something to replace Edge Active Care taken off the market.

THANKS TSL!!

2. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

I started using Every Man Jack regime from Target.

Face Wash
    Shave
    Lotion

works well. pretty cheap too. The shave lotion doesn't foam like that Edge and Gillette shit. I bet it would be even better with a badger hair brush

3. level99

level99 Guest

haha i use that Every man jack also. I dunno its ok i guess kinda a pain to rinse off. Then i put some Kielh's soothing lotion on it afterwards

4. ds888

ds888 Awesome.

do you use a shave brush? i use musgo real when i use a brush or aveeno therapeutic gel when i don't.

5. 60druidgurubash

60druidgurubash OT Supporter

co bigelow, aka proraso

6. ds888

ds888 Awesome.

proraso made me break out.. and i don't think they carry it at target anymore...

7. Commotion

Commotion New Member

I am strongly against every man jack, I had NO luck with it. Also, to the brush recommendation with every man jack: it doesn't lather, so theres no point to a brush.

I use Art of Shaving Lavender, but I've been meaning to give C.O. Bigelow/Proraso a try. You can get it at Bath & Body Works. Green tube. I'd recommend a brush. Cheap shaving soap (+brush) from your local grocery(or wal-mart) should work as well. I use a gillette fusion, but I'm not convinced its the best idea. I've really been putting some thought into: http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/item/522941/190429.htm

Check this link out:http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15973&sid=642f74709a615e442dcbc208d24ce026

8. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

OK so use whatever tickles your fancy

9. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

i use this deodorant:
    [​IMG]

And I use coochy shaving creme on my face :mamoru:

10. level99

level99 Guest

[​IMG]

11. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

:rofl:

One day I came to work and I forgot to wear some deodorant. I had my friend go pick some up for me and he grabbed that shit and it is fucking awesome :bowdown:

And I use that coochy shit (it's mainly used for shaving pubes) for shaving and it is awesome :bowdown:

12. ds888

ds888 Awesome.

I use the same deodorant, but I didn't want to post it :rofl: Shit looks so girly, might as well be Secret.

13. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

:rofl: :gfight:

Whatever. Shit keeps me stink free :)

14. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

i love Dove deodorant

edit:
    and i'm unsure of why you are insisting that it's a non-grocery brand-- it's the best deodorant that i've tried

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  15. JayDC7

JayDC7 oh my god it's sasquatch!?

i dont like scented deodorants..

16. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

Do you rinse with cold water?

It seems to rinse off better, and cold water closes the pours on your face.

17. Gomer

Gomer New Member

I gut a bear and rub it's entrails in my armpits everyday. It keeps the man in me fresh.

18. doolaik

doolaik can anybody out there see me, cuz i cant seem to s

I use Kiehl's Close Shavers Oil and the White Eagle Brushless shave cream and have no problems with razor burns. If you go to Nordstrom or Kiehl's, they'll hook you up with a sample to try.

There is a alcohol smell to the cream tho...

19. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

mitchum deoderant :bowdown:

20. Miller2000

Miller2000 New Member

Thank you one and all for the opinions and advice!

After years of going from 2 to 3 to 4 to now 5 blades I'm losing count which is why I've considered the DE blades as well. That and the fact that $20 for 4 of them every 3 weeks. Yeaaaaaa. This sounds dumb but what exactly is the point of the shaving brush in the first place? Can't you get a good lather just by rubbing it into your face and existing whiskers really well? Good links though, I plan on watching the vids before I buy, thank you!

Just because I've tried just about every grocery store brand out and I was wondering what else was out there

Always yes with cold water, and the rinsing off part has never bothered me

My old college roomie swore by this stuff and I've heard that from others as well. What's the secret ingredient?