MIL Trying to locate a friend in the Navy SEALS.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by alki, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alki

alki New Member

He was shipped to Iraq early spring this year, and I'm wondering if anyone in this forum can help. I'm not sure about posting his information here or if it would cause unnecessary privacy issues, but I miss that fucker and like i said, I'm hoping someone can help.

by the way, i'm not sure which unit he's in, I'm pretty sure he mentioned once, but I lost all the information when my stupid hard disk crashed. All I have is his first and last name. pm me if you can help.

thx much

2. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Leave that shit off the internet.

3. Jacknasty

Jacknasty New Member

There are places that you can go on the intraweb that can tell you where he is. Unfortunately, I can't remember the website name right now. If I find it, I'll PM it to you. Until then, google is your friend

4. alki

alki New Member

This moron (me) tried google and all he got was the friend finder bullshit, or some pay to use websites. I'm probably out of luck.

5. cheet

cheet OT Supporter

Doesn't military.com have some search thing?

6. radhaz

radhaz New Member

The official navy locator is available at http://www.navydirectory.smartlink.navy.mil/ but you can only access the page if you are on a .mil network/domain so I'm not sure if that will help you or not. Best of luck.

7. sannozay

sannozay I'll deal with you later

Good luck finding your friend, man. Info regarding a frog's (seal) whereabouts doesn't come up to often, even to us regular squids in the fleet, and they tend to work silently while the big gears turn. In fact, I don't hear from my SEAL buddy and hear stories from his deployments until he actually arrives back from a tour. Hopefully your buddy's got it secured out there, wherever he may be.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  8. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

No.

The redcross typically will only assist in locating family under emergency conditions. You can give them the name of the military person you are looking for and leave your name, address and info. The redcross doesn't tell you anything about where the person is stationed, but if your reason for finding this person is pertinant they will pass on your info to his/her chain of command to give to him/her.

9. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

You're better off getting in touch with your friends family. The military doesn't just give out information to people other than family and even then you will need to know the persons social and DOB.

10. Sharkticon

Sharkticon The safest place in combat is on an AEGIS Class Gu

If he is a SEAL, you're not going to know or find out where he is. Not even his wife, (if he has one), will know. Also, the Red Cross probably won't be able to contact him either. They would send a message to his stateside unit who would then try to contact him. Either way, you probably won't find him.

You will hear from him again when he gets back.

11. i_is_surf

i_is_surf New Member

There used to be a site like specops.net or something of that nature that had members who were seals. They operated a page where you could submit a name of an assklown or a poseur to find out if they were legit. They also used to relay messages to the person and it was up to them if they wanted to contact you back.

As for someone saying "their wives don't even know".. That's because most seals don't tell their wives because they are ate up or dumbasses. Thats the reason why all SPECOPS/Spooks/Etc spouses get checked out as well as the recruits when they are accepted into any program. The Feds and CO's know people are going to tell their wives things. Not trying to blast anyone, but think logically..

As for some fucked up shit.. I used to post on a specops board a lot and I remember they had a wives section and the guys would always go on there and blast women for fucking around on their husbands while they were TDY (Even though any operators on here know we are part of a brotherhood...). I remember one time in particular the girl said something to the effect of: "He fucks me when he's home and he finds some company when he's not. Don't hate me cause I use his money to find company for myself when I'm not fucking him.."

I was like :ugh: :noes:

12. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Please don't post any details about your friend's name/location/unit/mission. As was said earlier in the thread, your best bet is to be patient. I know from personal experience that this is hard (I have two sons deployed in Iraq), but since you aren't a family member you don't have much alternative.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.