A&P Trying to learn flash...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by FindersKeepers, Jan 1, 2009.

1. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

makes me want to stab peanut butter with celery

or something obscure like that...

:mad:

Ive been working on trying to edit a template monster template... i figured some things out but not enough yet.. for 2 days now..

I have however, managed to build a small "site" from a tutorial.

I'd rather be out shooting tonight but instead im learning this

whos IN with me on the frustrations of flash

2. Tonster MBA

Tonster MBA OT'r of the Year 2013 OT Supporter

join the club I can't figure out how to work that damn template from testo's thread.

3. Spurious

Spurious New Member

This is why you pay someone to make your website... I think it's interesting how anti-OT is for people shooting their own weddings but everyone makes their own website.

4. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

I develop websites, but I don't do flash. I've done it a few times in the past, but I hate doing it, so I stopped.

5. xconverge

xconverge OT Supporter

www.spkphotos.com I used one of the templates :shrug: changed it up a bit, added some keyframes, changed the transitions, removed most sounds, altered the images etc

6. EWhytsell

EWhytsell New Member

I agree, I'll probably make a simple site at some point to put my work on, but to get serious as a photog the site should be done by at least a good site builder. Last time I built a website was probably 1999 and I don't even want to imagine how much new stuff there would be to learn to make a good one.

One thing I hope to not annoying people with is slide shows and all that crap. Just give them a nice thumbnail gallery and call it perfect.

Oh and if I go to one more photogs website that plays dorky music while I'm trying to view their work I'm gonna throw my wifes computer out in the street (hehe don't wanna hurt mine.)

7. bitchno3

bitchno3 New Member

i've learned flash somewhat.

and just give up. create a good thumbnail gallery with a good color palette and it will impress any potential client more than fancy flash graphics.

the people who are more impressed by flash websites than clean thumbnail galleries are probably people who you don't want as clients.

8. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

right now, i simply have menalto gallery setup on a fancy theme and I think its more than efficient, but ive gotten comments that it needs more flare so I was doing this

Im thinking about just skipping it and creating a new theme for the gallery and go with that