SRS Trying to get over an ex ... tips 'n' tricks?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Sep 12, 2006.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I want to fall out of love with her. The only thing I have that reminds me of her right now is her number on my cell phone. I deleted her from AIM, MySpace, Facebook, hid her mementos (deodorant, nude pics), untied my shoe (she had tied it). I called her today (breaking my no-contact rule).

"Hello?" I said.
    "Hey!" she said in her usual friendly voice.
    "I want to explain something to you. I'm not taking you off Facebook to signify that we're never to be friends or to be aggressive. I'm trying to fall out of love with you right now ... right? (pause) So it will be easier if I don't have temptations, like facebook. Alright?" Then I hung up.

Some of you will say this was a bad move, that she doesn't deserve friendliness, etc., but I am not trying to punish her for losing interest in me, I am just trying to get over her.

Admittedly, hearing her voice when she said, "Hey!" was absolutely destructive, but that's why I hung up immediately after I explained that I wasn't saying "Fuck you," by taking her off facebook.

Other than that I've stayed out of contact and will continue to do so. Does fucking other women help?

2. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

find a rebound girl.... helped me after my girl of ~5 years and i split a few months back.

3. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

that didnt work for me.

i ended up hurting 2 innocent girls---one of which i couldve been in relationship with.

only thing to do is keep yourself busy, go out as much as you can-----and stay away from girls FOR NOW til youre happy about yourself again.

4. Pringles

Pringles New Member

About sums it up. I'm in the same shoes, but I left her on my facebook as Id still hit it later. I just dont want to emotionaly feel anything for her as I'm going to college and well that about explains it all. Either way I'm just ignoring her for right now and I assume she will get the message. But ya just stand by what you think. Go do what you enjoy, or your hobbies. If you dont have any find some. And forget girls for a good couple of months until your back to your happy confident self that wants to enter the relm which you can't hide from.

5. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

cut all contact... meet new people and try to stay positive. best advice i can give you (going through the same shit now)

it definitely gets better with time.

6. JohnJohnJohnson

yeah? how soon after the break-up was it?

7. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

yea, i started seeing someone a month after my breakup....
    but what ALWAYS happens is that, you will tend to COMPARE your exgf to the new girl----unless the exgf was ugly or the new girl isnt up to par with the old girl, then youre fine. but if new girl is just AVG. then youre fucked.

good luck

8. JohnJohnJohnson

oh i forgot to mention another big problem ... my ex was really really cute. that comparison thing is almost stopping me from approaching girls, cuz i'm just like, "no comparison."

9. Pringles

Pringles New Member

start thinking of the turnoff's rather than the turnon's. That has helped me out a lot. I used to just dwell on her turnon's that got me happy with her the past year or two. Recently however I've been seeing new and different people and the more her turnoffs are starting to shine in my mind rather then her turnon's IE Im realizing that there are other better chicks out there for me and this old skank isn't all I made her cracked up to be. Granted it all takes time.

10. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

ehh.... I deleted my ex's Facebook and Myspace, but she was pretty upset. I explained to her that I was trying to get over her. I eventually added her back, dont know if it was the right move or not, I guess I'll see.

11. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

same shit happened to me bro.... (hint: why the two girls after her that i sexored got hurt----they were nice girls and great personality....but looks wise, i always end up comparing them to my exgf.)

so if i were you, and it seems to work with me------just go out with your friends---find new hobby-----or do whatever and DO NOT get into any girl relationship or even bother with girls for now.

i always see myself trying to FIND a girl just to get over my ex----then when i find someone, i end up comparing them to my ex and i end up disappearing.

so for the past couple months, ive been going out drinking, and sleeping early (sleep at 1030pm instead of 2am) and start work early now.

PS: going to clubs and bars to hook up with girls wont help. i only go to bars now only for ONE REASON------to drink.

12. JohnJohnJohnson

honestly i am not sure you're doing the right thing

why don't you just get with a girl who's hotter than your ex?

in the meanwhile I will ignore that comparison voice in my head and hook up with girls (i'm in college, they're up for that) without getting into anything serious (which i just do not want right now). eventually some1 will come along who is just as attractive (although probably - or definitely - not as cute)