Trying to gain mass

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by krazywulph, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazywulph

krazywulph Guest

I'm 18 years old, 6' 2'' and I barely weigh 150lbs. I work out three times a week, 6-8 reps with increments on every set. I eat 5-6 meals a day and take protein supplement. My arms and chest have been getting slightly bigger, but it seems like I'm pushing myself way too hard for the results I've been seeing. I have a long/lean body type, so I don't have real compacted and thick muscles. Can anyone give me some healthy advice on how to really get bigger? Thanks so much in advance.
    Nick

2. jonno

jonno New Member

work your legs. eat alot more

3. krazywulph

krazywulph Guest

I have a lot of natural strength in my legs, so I mostly do heavy presses and hammie workouts in between upper body. I'm really trying to focus on my upper body.

I sholuld also mention I've been working out for about 6 months religiously.

4. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

Who cares if you have a LOT of natural strength in your legs? You should use that to benefit you. If you want to GROW you need to workout your legs and eat. If you could only work one bodypart out it should be your legs.

5. krazywulph

krazywulph Guest

Alright, I'll start really working them starting tomorrow.

6. Natezilla

Natezilla Ain't nothin' but a peanut.

http://www.liftforlife.com/TheCheapestAnabolic.htm

7. krazywulph

krazywulph Guest

wow. Thank you, thank you thank you. I don't do squats- can't wait to hit the gym

8. Rummy

Rummy "bored and extremely dangerous"

if I was up your ass you'd know where I was
    If its really your first time squatting make sure to get your form down first.

9. krazywulph

krazywulph Guest

I've squatted once or twice but never put it into my workout routine. I do have a bit of a posture problem as it is, so I'll be weary of that, thanks.

10. Riot

Riot OT Supporter

i know you're eating 5-6 meals a day but it still doesn't sound like you're getting enough calories.

@ 150 i suggest eating at least 3,500-4,000 calories a day, and make sure you use a website like www.fitday.com or www.nutritiondata.com to keep track of the calories. most people just estimate their calories and are surprised how off they really are when they start tracking calories the right way.

11. jackjohnson

jackjohnson simple as something nobody knows OT Supporter

yeah im a hardgainer also. i love squats to death though. my fav. part of my routine

12. krazywulph

krazywulph Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.