TAT Trying to find a new shop...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Sieg, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Sieg

Sieg ★★Major League Door Kicker★★

Well, the shop I have always gone to has shut down due to owner passing away from a heart attack, and now I am stuck trying to find a new shop to go to in the Tennessee Area.

See, my problem is that I like things to look professional. I have been checking around the shops around my local area and they don't look too clean (Store front not kept clean, poorly organized files behind the counter, and flash was just laying around on the table loose.)

The other problem I have is, I am searching around the web for a new shop and I can't bring myself to take the seriously when they have a Geocities-esque, animated gif-clusterfuck, midi-playing website. I can barely navigate the sites to find the artist's work and once I get there, they all seem to be cell phone shots of tribal.

Like I said, I like things to look clean. Well, one of my good friends got an amazing sleeve from a local shop in the nashville area. I was so pleased with it, that I grabbed my $700 cash, got in my car and drove to the shop. Once I got there, I found it to be in a trashy strip-mall and the floor inside was disgusting. That aside, I was still very happy with the artist's work and was willing to put aside my standards this one time. I spoke the the man behind the counter, the piercer, who was initially a huge smartass. I told them what I wanted and even showed about 10 pictures I had sketched or gotten offline. All I wanted was the lines of my leg piece, a traditional style japanese cherry tree. He said it would take him about an hour to draw it up, and as I walked out I heard him say "Look at this faggot ass tattoo this idiot wants on his leg." That was too much, I turned to him and told him to "Just fucking forget it, it's not worth your dirty shop and piss-poor attitude."

So BM croo, am I too picky when it is coming to my tattoo shops and artists? Is it worth driving out of state to get them done (Dancing Dragon in KY looks amazing)? Does anyone know of a tattoo shop in TN?

Cliffs: I'm angry grrr...

2. Two toys

Two toys New Member

3. Sieg

Lol, i was expecting that reaction.

4. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

5. Sieg

6. joy division

joy division New Member

I don't know why but the south/southeast has so many great artists...drive to all or nothing... I've spent 3 months looking for anything in LA and I can't find shit. One DECENT artist in san fran and he has a 3 year wait period :ugh:

7. Sieg

That guy i went to is a great artist, I just cant work with someone who is not willing to be friendly with his customers. I'll just find somewhere else to take my money.

8. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

How far are you from Atlanta? All or Nothing, 13 roses and Ink and Dagger are all top notch and within 20 miles of each other. If youre still going to be picky about the actual place that you get it then go to Brandon Bonds private studio www.antiartelite.com.

9. Flac0

Flac0 Custom User Title

I noticed that too. Tons of great shops with great reps in Austin and few in San Antonio.