trying to figure this website navigation?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ryan112ryan, Dec 10, 2005.

1. ryan112ryan

ryan112ryan New Member

this web site i think uses CSS to do the navigation (home, gallery, etc) it also changes the picture in the background every so often (if you refresh it) the site is http://www.sourlime.net/ i have done only very basic CSS stuff so if it is CSS a little more explanation would be good, a link to a tutorial would be better :wiggle:

thanks!

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Looks a little self-explanatory to me. :dunno:

Background image has really nothing to do with it. That's just some random image including parsed by some server-side scripting language.

Anyhow, they aren't images. It's just CSS with a hover attribute on it. I would encapsulate the text inside of the box and make the box hot.

a { text-decoration: none;}
    div.box { text-align: center; width: 100px; height: 50px; }
    div.box:hover { text-align: center; width: 100px; height: 50px; background-color: black; }

<a href="photos.html"><div class=box">Photos</div></a>

3. ryan112ryan

ryan112ryan New Member

thanks for the help, i have found some tutorials on this stuff if anyone is interested

image rotator - click
    CSS tutorials - click
    info on div.box - click

kingtoad: sorry if this is easy stuff for ya but i can use all the help i can get. what do you do? do you do this for your job or is it just a hobby?

4. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Sorry, Ryan. I sometimes get ahead of myself and assume I'm talking to a web developer or designer. I do this for work among other things.

Also, a great place to look at is here:
    http://www.csszengarden.com

They have some really amazing samples there and if you study it, it will most definatly boost your skill as a web designer.